Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started off tonight with his first guest Oprah Winfrey... Anyone think this is going to be good and get the ratings that Larry King Live got, and will it last as long as his predecessor?

But for now, we can reveal the rest of the packed first week (and some future guests) – beginning with the King Of All Media.

• Tuesday, January 18: Howard Stern

• Wednesday, January 19: Condoleezza Rice

• Thursday, January 20: Ricky Gervais

• Friday, January 21: George Clooney and his father Nick Clooney

As for the next few weeks, guests will include Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Kid Rock, Rod Stewart, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, Donald and Melania Trump and more!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I watched some of it while switching back and forth between channels and I thought he did alright. The problem I think he will have is pretty obvious when you see guests like the Kardashian's and Trump being mentioned when the show just launched. People like Stern and Winfrey are one off interviews and when your hosting a show 4 nights a week your going to end up falling back on regular guests a lot of the time. Larry King had people like Kathy Griffin, Bill Maher, Deepak Chopra, etc who were constantly on the show. This worked for Larry because he could care less who was on his show. Morgan seems like the type that always wants to have interesting interviews and guests and that is not going to be possible when you have a show 4 nights a week. Also I think politicians are going to be much more reluctant to be interviewed by Morgan than King who would not really ask difficult questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts