Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the list

Agree? Disagree?

I agree with about 75% of their selection... but titles like Live Live Free or Die Hard (huh?) or the LOTR (film version) trilogy don't deserve to be on there. I would also substitute the Pacific with Band of Brothers, and give consideration to more animation titles (such as Ratatouille)

I've got about half of the titles listed in my BD library.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A forty page slideshow??? I know everybody needs page views, but that is just ridiculous.

Too bad, I would have been interested in seeing it if it was in a more user-friendly format.

I do agree with the first (and only) one I saw: Alien Quadrology.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Alien Anthology I totally agree and have!

Back To The Future and Gladiatior I don't have yet.

Lord Of The Rings I waited and have the extended editions on pre-order for June.

There are some others I agree with, a few I can live without.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Two that I've never heard of are "Dark City" and "Sunshine". We tend to like sci-fi, so would these be appropriate for family viewing? (2 boys, 14 & 11.)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dark City is a highly regarded film, and I definitely recommend it, and I do think it's appropriate for older children.

Sunshine I haven't seen, either, but I've heard mostly good things about it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thanks, I'll try them out.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Patton??

I lost all interest in this list when I saw Patton included. Great movie but lousy BD transfer. Looking forward to the better version that may be out later this year (Diigtal Bits) but at the moment it doesn't belong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts