Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure on the ETA but I can definitely tell you based on the way I have my second antenna setup that nulls anything besides CN Tower that all three are on FCP/BMO Building.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
My reception of CityHD and Omni's seems somewhat stable and strong.

Please remember not to give your final verdict until this humidity we are experiencing fades. This morning it was thunderstorms, and possibly last night as well (I don't know I was sleeping, not scanning ;)). Right now at my house it is showing 90% RH. High RH can kill signal.

cheers

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is there an ETA for when they are moving to the CN Tower?
See post 155 in this thread - mid October was the estimate.

All the CN Tower signals here are near 100% with most of the Buffalo and Hamilton (including CHCH) reasonably to very strong too, so I'm not going to bother adjusting my antenna.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I now have 38 good rock solid channels [no more stray pixellations] since the transition has calmed the airwaves, but still not a reliable Roger's City/Omni1/Omni2 signal, but I do have to make one minor adjustment to my preamp location.

For the past 2 years I had my preamp mounted about 15ft down the mast below the antenna for easy access during my Stealth Hawk experimentation. Now that the transitions are complete, I will move the preamp right up the mast, right below the Stealth Hawk antenna.

Those Roger's signals can currently be seen by my CM7000/CRT setup, but the Samsung TV tuner doesn't like the weaker signals, so the raising of the preamp will do the trick to give me 41 good channels. Once Rogers moves from the current CP location up to the CN tower, reception of City/Omni should become less of an issue for the fringe reception areas.

Once I have the adjustments done, I will post my channel reception results in the Hamilton, Haldimand thread.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yes, I did a full rescan with Windows Media Center. I got 20 channels, including CityTV. I have also tried to add 40.1 manually which used to work a few days ago, but now, it doesn't work. Any clue?
CFTO/CTV Toronto has moved back to 9RF in the VHFband. Is your antenna UHF only?

CTV 9.1 is not on 40.1 UHFband anymore so,.. Try and manually enter 9.1.

If your antenna is UHFband only, then you may not get any VHFband channels at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure on the ETA but I can definitely tell you based on the way I have my second antenna setup that nulls anything besides CN Tower that all three are on FCP/BMO Building.
Are they going to crank up the power for City , Omni 1 & Omni 2 when they move from FCP/BMO to CN tower ( I believe the ETA is mid Oct for that ) ?

For now its definitely a pretty low signal for all 3 as compared to before ..hopefully they crank it up when they move to CN tower from the FCP/BMO building .

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is little doubt both omnis and city-tv are currently very weak signals.
I'd say even weaker than their pre-transitional signals. Are all three of them on the BMO building?

Here's what it looks like from my location 85 miles east.
CBLT - 98%
CBLFT -93%
TVO- 87%
CIII - 82%
CFTO - 76%
Omni 2 - 5%
Omni 1- 0%
True ..both Omnis & City TV are definitely weak signals currently . Hopefully the signals are stronger when they move to CN tower from the current FCP/BMO bldg.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
200 meters higher and 20% higher ERP for Omnis, nearly 50% higher for CITY should boost the signal a ton. :cool:

BTW. I tried to ask Omni by email when they estimate the move to the CN Tower but the email kicked back on invalid address. :eek:

http://www.omnitv.ca/ontario/interact/contactus.shtml
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/contactus
Did Rogers mention that somewhere ? i.e 20 % higher ERP for the two Omnis & 50 % higher ERP for City TV when the transition to CN tower from the current FCP/BMO building is complete .

That's cool :) ..what is the current ERP for the two Omnis & City TV in GTA from the FCP/BMO bldg ?

301 - 315 of 315 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.