Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I log in with my bell login creditials, but when I go to watch a show (e.g. Modern Family) a screen comes up stating to upgrade to citytvnow and that bell has not granted enough access for you to watch this content. I don't understand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I FINALLY have access to most FX content via the FXNow app on my Apple TV and also via browser. I'm subscribed via Telus.
I can view all episodes of Atlanta, Americans, Mr. Inbetween, Vercase, Baskets, Snowfall, Fosse/Verdon...and several more.

However, closed captions are not available on several shows...I don't get cc for Atlanta, Americans, Mr. Inbetween, and Vercase. However, I DO get cc on Baskets, Snowfall, Fosse/Verdon...
Using the Firefox browser on my PC, I get cc on ALL FX content. I hope this gets fixed at some point...I informed FX of the issue via twitter, so...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fully functional now on both the City and FX sites. I had a minor hiccup trying to use Opera (without the VPN turned on). It threw an error that "email address or password are incorrect". No issues with Chrome. I logged in on fxnowcanada.ca and it accepted me as logged in on citytv.com automatically (during the same browser session).

Watching Catch 22 right now (the first show that I can't get using regular Telus Optik TV on demand. I'm in BC). About the only complaint I have is the ads (which are mercifully brief) are too high volume compared to the volume of the show.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Sasktel posted on their web site that they are now authorized for the Citytv app in addition to FXNOW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could someone who gets FX via an app (as opposed to via browser) please check to see if you can get closed captions on Atlanta, Americans, Mr. Inbetween, or Vercase please? Thanks -- much appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bell has no intention to carry FX NOW either.
I pay $4 more per month to have access to FX Canada on Bell Satellite but I cannot log into FXNOWCanada. Bell isn't an option. This seems odd to me. Why can I watch the tv channel but I cannot access streaming? Any work-arounds?

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I noticed this in the Press Release announcing Citytv's new season.

Full episodes and past seasons are available on Citytv NOW and FX NOW online, Rogers on Demand, and on the authenticated Citytv and FX App for iOS, Android, Apple TV, and most recently Amazon Fire TV.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts