Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when I was a little bored and sitting around channel surfing, that words were being cut out of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode on City. At first I thought it was sound dropouts but I realized that words like dam and even crap were being edited out of the episode. I admit I don't watch much Canadian TV, mostly US programming on US stations, but I've never seen this show edited before.

Anyone aware of some policy change with CityTV? I guess the better question would be, is this new or has this been going on for awhile now? I realize it seems like a trivial thing but it surprised the heck out of me seeing how Raymond ran on US television for years and it was never edited. I always thought that US stations did more editing than their Canadian counterparts...is that not true? Are they editing Two and a Half Men as well :confused:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Censorship in general is stupid. I don't want to have to pay for the DVD to get a show I like uncensored, when I'm already paying for it via my television bill, where it should be uncensored in the first place.

And for anybody who is still concerned about the words their kids hear, TRUST me, as I know from experience: Your kids hear alot worse then anything that can legally be said on daytime television every day in their schoolyard during recess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts