Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any sign of Fox animation (Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, etc...) airing in Canada?

Premiers tomorrow, and it's seems like it's not going to be on City.
EDIT: Newest episodes of The Simpsons and Family Guy are now being added to Disney+ in Canada on Wednesdays as well.

Looks like the new episodes of Bob’s Burgers and The Great North are being placed on Disney+ in Canada 10 days after airing on Fox. Not the case for Family Guy or The Simpsons.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As production on original series Canada’s Got Talent gets underway in Niagara Falls, ON next month, Citytv today unveils Howie Mandel, Lilly Singh, Kardinal Offishall, and Trish Stratus as judges alongside host Lindsay Ell for its highly-anticipated talent competition, airing exclusively on Citytv and Citytv.com this spring, with catch-up available on Citytv Now. (Rogers Media Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
NBC has scheduled special Christmas episodes for these comedies on Wednesday, Dec. 15.
8:00 p.m. Young Rock “A Christmas Peril”
8:30 p.m. Kenan “Christmas”
9:00 p.m. Mr. Mayor “Mr. Mayor’s Magical L.A. Christmas”

Citytv has picked up NBC's two new comedies, which will each air their first two episodes in a special preview. NBC has scheduled their return for Tuesday, Jan. 4.
American Auto Monday, Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. ET (s-NBC)
Grand Crew Tuesday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. ET (10 p.m. CT, pre-NBC 8 p.m.)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Here's what's coming up on Citytv's mid-season schedule. The Chicago and Law & Order franchises continue on Wednesday and Thursday. (all times ET)

Monday, Jan. 3
7:00 PM That's My Jam (series premiere, 10 PM CT, pre-NBC 9 PM ET)
8:00 PM The Bachelor (season 26 premiere, s-ABC)
10:00 PM Ordinary Joe (season 1B, s-NBC)

Tuesday, Jan. 4
8:00 PM American Auto (season 1, s-NBC)
8:30 PM Grand Crew (season 1, s-NBC)
9:00 PM Kenan (season 2 premiere, post-NBC Mondays)
9:30 PM Black-ish (season 8 premiere, s-ABC)

Thursday, Jan. 6
8:00 PM Hudson & Rex (new episodes)

----

Young Rock and Mr. Mayor will return Tuesday, March 15 at 8 PM.

Canada's Got Talent will premiere THIS MARCH on Citytv. (Twitter)

EDIT: The Price Is Right at Night will air an episode Jan. 12 at 7 PM ET / 10 PM CT on Citytv (8 PM ET on CBS)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tuesday, Jan. 4
9:00 PM Kenan (season 2 premiere, post-NBC Mondays)
NBC is airing two episodes at a time, however Citytv only has only the first episode of each in post release as Dave has indicated. The second episodes don’t appear anywhere on the schedule yet, though will likely be online and on demand. May want to change any recordings to NBC if possible.

————————————

The Chase airs Sundays at 8pm (p-ABC)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for catching The Chase. When I display the full channel in Zap2it, it say "Tonight" starts at 8 PM, but because I'm in the central time zone, primetime actually starts at 7 PM. That's why I missed it.

Here's what's happening with Kenan Season 2 on Citytv. (all times EST) I noticed earlier that there was only one episode, but there wasn't enough future episode info to make a judgement.

Tuesday, Jan. 4 9:00 PM episode 1 Dating App (post-NBC Jan. 3)
Tuesday, Jan. 11 9:00 PM episode 2 Work Friends (post-NBC Jan. 3)
Monday, Jan. 17 8:00 PM unidentified episodes that air the same time as NBC
Monday, Jan. 17 8:30 PM probably simsub episodes 5 & 6
Tuesday, Jan. 18 9:00 PM episode 3 Those Chops Pop (post-NBC Jan. 10)

Notes: I'm using Zap2it/Gracenote episode numbers, which don't count the Christmas show. It's possible that Citytv will make episodes of Kenan available for streaming and on-demand the day after they air on NBC. ABC has football on Jan. 17, so no episode of The Bachelor.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Citytv will air Let's Make a Deal Primetime on Wednesday, January 26 at 7 PM ET / 10 PM CT (pre-CBS 8 PM ET), so as not to disrupt reruns of the Chicago franchise.

----

Update on Kenan: Citytv simsubbed NBC on Jan.17, which was episode 5 Hustle and Flow, followed by a repeat of Dating App. Next Tuesday is episode 4 Ghosts of Boyfriends Past.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just shooting the breeze here. Season 3 premiere of The Orville, now titled The Orville: New Horizons is pushed to June 2. It will be on Hulu in the United States. I was just wondering, who would carry it in Canada? Citytv, FX, or Disney+?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Just shooting the breeze here. Season 3 premiere of The Orville, now titled The Orville: New Horizons is pushed to June 2. It will be on Hulu in the United States. I was just wondering, who would carry it in Canada? Citytv, FX, or Disney+?
Hercules theres a thread called Help finding foreign TV shows where ppl can tell you where to find a US TV show in Canada.

Link added by 57: Help Finding "Foreign" TV Shows

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I posted the news in the Disney+ thread a couple of weeks ago, since the only thing we know for sure is that season 3 will eventually join the first 2 seasons already streaming on Disney+. It's hard to know if the international distribution agreements are still valid now that the show no longer airs on Fox.

----

Regular programming will return to the networks following the Olympics. American Idol season 20 premieres on Feb. 27 at 8 PM ET on CItytv, in addition to the previous announcements.

·
Registered
47 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts