Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U.S. networks have announced their renewals for the next season - here is the status of the U.S. shows that City TV carries.

Cancelled
Back in the Game (ABC)
Betrayal (ABC)
Community (NBC)
Crisis (NBC)
Dads (FOX)
Enlisted (FOX)
Friends with Better Lives (CBS)
Killer Women (ABC)
Lucky 7 (ABC)
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC)
Raising Hope (FOX)
Revolution (NBC)
Suburgatory (ABC)
Super Fun Night (ABC)
The Carrie Diaries (The CW)
The Crazy Ones (CBS)

Renewed
2 Broke Girls (CBS)
America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)
Glee (FOX)
Hannibal (NBC)
Hell’s Kitchen
Last Man Standing (ABC)
Mike & Molly (CBS)
Modern Family (ABC)
Mom (CBS)
Nashville (ABC)
New Girl (FOX)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
Resurrection (ABC)
Revenge (ABC)
Scandal (ABC)
The Bachelor (ABC)
The Biggest Loser (NBC)
The Middle (ABC)
The Mindy Project (FOX)

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
City decided to show Crisis as a summer series and will start at episode 1 this Sunday. It has already been cancelled by NBC, which will show the 10th episode this Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
City Fall Schedule

All times ET/PT; s = simulcast

Monday
8 p.m. 2 Broke Girls (s)
8:30 p.m. Mom (s)
9 p.m. Scorpion (s) *NEW*

Tuesday
8 p.m. Utopia (s) *NEW*
9 p.m. New Girl (s)
9:30 p.m. The Mindy Project (s)

Wednesday
8 p.m. Hell’s Kitchen (s)
9 p.m. Modern Family (s)
9:30 p.m. Black-ish (s) *NEW*

Thursday
8 p.m. The Bachelor Canada *City Original Program*
9 p.m. Scandal (s)

Friday
8 p.m. Package Deal *City Original Program*
8:30 p.m. The Middle
9 p.m. Utopia (s) *NEW*

Saturday
7-10 p.m. NHL: Hockey Night in Canada *NEW to City*

Sunday
7-10 p.m. NHL: Hometown Hockey *NEW to City*
10 p.m. Revenge (s)

Newly acquired programming for the 2014/15 season includes scripted series Scorpion, Black-ish, and Backstrom, alongside new reality series, Utopia, and the new live musical event special Peter Pan Live! All-new seasons of sophomore original series The Bachelor Canada and Package Deal join the prime-time lineup, along with two NHL games each week – Hockey Night in Canada on Saturdays and Hometown Hockey on Sundays.

Other series returning for the 2014/15 season are The Bachelor, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Hell’s Kitchen, The Middle, Mike & Molly, Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, Revenge, Scandal, Mom, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl, and The Mindy Project.

For the remainder of 2014, City continues to be the home to some of the most top-rated live musical event series in the country, including the Country Music Association Awards (CMA Awards)and CMA Country Christmas, as well as Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve with Ryan Seacrest. The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards returns to the City mid-season schedule in 2015, along with GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!.

City continues Modern Family in strip 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and adds strip episodes of 2 Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men to the 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. timeslots.

Fall premiere dates will be announced in the coming months; shows acquired but not yet listed on the schedule will premiere at a later date in the 2014/15 season.

Full Press Release including new show descriptions.

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The followed programs were renewed by the U.S. networks, but not picked up by City TV:

America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC Sunday 7pm)
Glee (FOX midseason)
Hannibal (NBC midseason)
Last Man Standing (ABC Friday 8pm)
Nashville (ABC Wed. 10pm)
Resurrection (ABC Sunday 9pm)
The Biggest Loser (NBC Thur. 8pm)

City previously announced that they were picking up Glee for the final season, so it may show up midseason.

·
Registered
199 Posts
As what we saw this year, we may assume AFV and the Biggest Loser will be moved to OMNI during next Hockey season, as what we may know, Rogers had asked CRTC to allow them to air more English Program on OMNI during 8-10 in weeknight, so we may seen other program shown in OMNI once it is approved.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I knew about Sunday night hockey on City, but it's great to see they're also showing hockey on Saturday. I'll miss the occasional movies they showed on weekend evenings, though. Also hope they show Shameless again (was Mondays at 10pm).

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't hold out too much hope for any programs not mentioned in the press release, now that City TV is showing reruns from 10-11pm. Admittedly, they had some filler last year, showing programs from OLN, but there is less room on the schedule for original programming this year. Plus Rogers Media broke the bank with their NHL deal.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Shameless should be watched in its original format, uncut and commercial-free. And that we get on TMN / MC.
I've only seen Shameless on City, but they do seem to show it uncut (or at least uncensored, with all the profanity and nudity still there). It was nice being able to watch a show like that on an OTA channel.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Shameless on TMN/MC is up to date. City is 2 seasons behind. And as Orbot said it's uncut and uncensored.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It can not be uncut since one episode of Shameless runs for 58 minutes. Unless City runs itself like a premium channel, there are parts of the show being cut to fit the commercials in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The only thing that I can remember that is cut from the show is "previously on Shameless" part. They also run the credits in a small screen while advertising another show or something that's on City(I can't remember exactly) but when they have those little clips during the credits they go back to full screen. I can't remember what they did for the 1st episode which is like 58 minutes. Maybe they did cut things out, who knows. But adding a minute or two to programming wouldn't really hurt anything that late at night.

Here's the length of times...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/shameless-season-1/id443914334

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/shameless-season-2/id542727305

I haven't paid attention to how long the ads were but I'm sure City could fit that into a 1 hour mark.

If City airs Shameless reruns again I'll grab an uncut version and compare it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dr. Dave,

Where is Brooklyn Nine-Nine? The statement says that City picks it up but it is nowhere in the schedule. FOX puts it on Sunday 20:30 for the Fall and City has Hometown Hockey at that time.

Also, I think Hometown Hockey will wreck havoc on the simsub of Revenge. If the game goes to overtime, there is a good chance that people watching on ABC will be forced to watch the hockey game as the simsub from City kicks is. As it is Sunday late night, the process is set on automatic without BDU operator actually monitoring whether the game is over and simsub can proceed.

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed that Brooklyn Nine-Nine wasn't on the schedule. Maybe things will make more sense once the networks announce the premiere dates.

·
Registered
457 Posts
They might just hold off on it and use it as replacement for something that gets pulled. It looks like their only new comedy in the fall is Black-ish, so if that fails and ABC pulls it then CityTV will pull it as well, and then BAM new timeslot/day for B99.

·
Super Moderator
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
City has greenlit a new, single-camera, half-hour comedy series Young Drunk Punk with production slated to begin summer 2014. The series will air on City, with additional broadcast details to be announced at a later date.

Full Press Release.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts