Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I want to place a Cisco ASA 5510 in my home network, and want to keep the telus TV+Vonage on one network and rest in another. I tried to put Cisco ASA on front and then Actiontec, it worked by damn....Optik tv QoS makes it a failure. I read that Actiontec needs to be in the front. So now I changed my design.
On front I have Actionec> Cisco ASA> Cisco Router ZBF+IPS> Home Network.
MY problem here is, I can't VPN from remote to my home. On this site, I have read on one of the forum that 443-SSL is blocked by Telus, is that right?

1. I tried SSL Client less VPN
2. I am doing port forwarding on Actiontec V1000H, TCP/UDP-443
3. NAT T is on-on Cisco ASA.
4. I have tried IPSEC VPN as well, with UDP-50 and 4500 forwarded.
5. Just to be clear, it did tried removing the Cisco Router ZBF and still no go.
6. When I connect my pc to Actiontec router, I can connect to VPN. So VPN is working fine on Cisco ASA.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
130 Posts
There's a post on the forum regarding VPN and the Actiontec. The general consensus is VPN with the Actiontec is a PITA. Your best bet is using a Alu cellpipe modem. Put a switch behind the cellpipe and then your router and the Actiontec behind the switch. Alu cellpipes are hard to find these day as we don't carry them around anymore. Happy hunting my friend

1 - 2 of 2 Posts