Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe I'm dumb today but...

Just had Telus install Optik TV and Internet.

I've had Bell Sat for years. Always had the guide set up so highest channels were on top. The CIS430 PVR Telus gave me defaults to highest channels on the bottom of the guide.

This is driving us nuts. I can't find anywhere to change the display order. Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
Like most PVRs the Mediaroom software on Telus Optik TV displays the channels in normal ascending order. There is no option to display them in reverse order.

There are a couple of things you can do to make life easier. First, customize your channel list to remove any channels you don't watch. Secondly, you can set up a favourites channel list for those channels you watch regularly.

Both customizations are per STB

·
Registered
598 Posts
Go to Menu, TV and the the one for the guide (I am not home until Friday). There should be, or was, something to change the order of channels but it can be tedious (moving channels one at a time) to do it wholesale.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Definitely MediaRoom/Optik. I moved all the Canadian and U.S. HD broadcast channels to the top of the guide and grouped them. It all became undone when the f/w was updated (for MusicRoom) and I haven't been bothered to do it soon.

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
That's interesting. The MTS implementation of Mediaroom doesn't have that feature, even though we're on the same version.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I came home and checked my MR box. Looks like changing channel order waspossible before sometime in May/June/July (I was out of town for most of that period). The same FW/SW UG that brought in MusicRoom took away the ability to change the order of channels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TELUS PVR Channel Setup

I like just about everything about TELUS' HD PVR. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use.

There is just one HUGE frustration with using the channel guide setup feature: I may have to scroll through HUNDREDS of channels I do not subscribe to to simply add/delete a channel!

I would love to see a feature in the guide setup that would allow me to enter the channel number I wish to add/delete. Once set up, the channel guide allows me to do this - don't see the channel I want the schedule for?, simply enter the number via your remote control and presto! it's there at the top of the guide. Very nice.

I would sure like to see a less time consuming way of using the channel guide setup feature.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Currently the only way is to use the "customise your guide" setting.

I agree, it would be nice if the setting was available in a similar form to the new way adding and removing Favourites was implimented in v.2 of mediaroom (by way of the "options/enter" button in the lower most right corner of the remote).

Accessing Favourites or adding/removing Favourites used to be tedious and awkward, that is all very much improved now and can be changed without leaving the program your watching. The set up for the guide is now ripe for the same treatment. Since the yellow triangle and the "interactive" buttons are currently unused, there are even two buttons available on the remote that could be assigned!

I'll try to remember that for the next meeting I attend, or next time I talk to the Doctor*.

- another TELUS tech

* the Doctor is the TELUS inhouse contact/liason for all things Optik

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
* the Doctor is the TELUS inhouse contact/liason for all things Optik
I'm not THAT Doctor. ;)

R. Dale Barrow, you can hold the PAGE DOWN button to go through the channels a little faster, but it would be nice to type in the channel number. That's the first thing I tried when I was customizing my channels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Adding a "show checked" option to the guide customization feature would be good (since "show unchecked" is already there). That alone would save me a lot of time hitting page down to get to the one new channel added.

An even better feature to add would be some way to remove a channel from the guide while we were watching that channel, the same way we can add/remove it to/from favourites now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not THAT Doctor. ;)

R. Dale Barrow, you can hold the PAGE DOWN button to go through the channels a little faster, but it would be nice to type in the channel number. That's the first thing I tried when I was customizing my channels.
Thanks Dr.Dave - holding down the button skips through blocks of channels rather than tick-tick-tick through individual ones. The toggle on my remote is labelled "CH/PG" - I guess PG means "Page" not "Parental Guidance". <Evil Grin>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts