Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tweet was posted Wednesday by an employee of the company's agency, New Media Strategies. It read: "I find it ironic that Detroit is known as the (hash)motorcity and yet no one here knows how to (expletive) drive." Shortly after, the tweet was removed from Chrysler's Twitter feed.

article

·
Registered
23 Posts
The guy who originally posted it was fired. I have nothing against Chrysler, but they've got bigger problems than just some stupid online tweet. And firing the guy was was going way overboard and is abusive and evil.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
"Abusive and evil"? Slight exaggeration, no? Besides, it was the social media company who fired their employee, no doubt for losing the Chrysler account.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its fair for Chrysler to fire an agency that posts something like that on their twitter feed.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
A bit of overreaction on all sides if you ask me. The whoever posted that tweet was an idiot but was also probably upset about something. There was nothing libelous or slanderous in that tweet.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the Chrysler Twitter Feed!

It's like putting out a tv commercial saying people in Detroit are idiots, now buy our cars.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I agree that the tweet was inappropriate. The agency should have had safeguards in place to stop such tweets from being broadcast. I'm sure the next one will.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Abusive and evil"? Slight exaggeration, no? Besides, it was the social media company who fired their employee, no doubt for losing the Chrysler account.
Agreed. I wasn't thinking it through.

The agency was hired to speak on behalf of Chrysler and that was their only job. They had to be held accountable for what they say. When it comes to promoting a brand there is not much room for free expression.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts