1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,135 Posts
I was a hardcore IE user since the 90's. I switched this year to Chrome after being frustrated with the delays my Netbook experienced while browsing the internet.

So far so good. In fact here is an interesting story about Chrome. Yes it crashes occasionally but this one time I was composing/researching a long post here at DHC. As usual I was multi-tasking and opening multiple tabs when Chrome crashed. I immediately cursed since I figured my post gone into the ether. When Chrome asked me to restore previous tabs I said yes. Low and behold there was my post. Completely intact and still in edit mode.

Oh and I browse YouTube flash-free.

Thanks (again) Google.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Chase Bank: Browser Share Trends and Security Ignored

Canadians who hold a Sears Canada credit card are actually clients of Chase Bank. Yesterday the story broke on Slashdot that JP Morgan Chase Bank has not only dropped support for the Chrome and Opera web browsers but also continues to recommend Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2.0, and Sarari 3.0! :eek:

Howls of protest (laughter from criminals, I'd bet) have erupted, even from Redmond as Microsoft itself has been telling IE6 users to immediately switch from using that old, unsafe browser. Here's another crazy aspect of it: JP MorganChase Bank is the majority share holder in Opera! :D My guess is that Chase Bank does not have a clue about what their own IT/Web support staff are up to.

·
Banned
320 Posts
My computers (both Windows 7) highly disagree with Chrome. I use either Firefox or Safari, the latter of which has significantly improved in performance since the most recent upgrade. I recommend giving it a try before Chrome or Opera.

EDIT: I just downloaded the newest Opera, and it is much better than previous versions as well.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I beleive my Google Nexus One uses the Chrome browser.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Happy Mac Chrome user here... Been using it for over 3 months after switching from Firefox. I surely don't miss the memory leaks and I looove the speed! :) I'm still on Leopard, will go to Snow one of these days.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was forced into using Chrome recently when Safari 5.0 started having problems opening videos on such web sites as Vimeo. In fact at first I thought that Vimeo had somehow changed its format, but it was Vimeo who suggested that I use Chrome until Safari 5.0 got back on track. I have sent "Report Bugs To Apple" on numerous occasions, but I think their policy is to not acknowledge that they have a problem until it's reported massively on YouTube or Facebook or whatever. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts