Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per the CHEX Website...
When will CHEX be broadcasting a digital transmission?

We expect to start receiving our digital equipment in September, and hope to have it installed and running by the end of November, 2010. For the short term, the HD signal will only be available through Cogeco cable, but we hope that the Satellite carriers, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw Direct, will take our HD signal as well. The satellite companies have capacity restraints, and can’t carry everybody’s HD signal. But we hope they’ll carry ours. We will probably not be broadcasting HD over-the-air until the end of 2011, at the earliest.
Does anyone know if this feed has been provided yet? If so, it's a step in the right direction...

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Sure, but we pick up the Oshawa CHEX feed, was mainly just curious what their plans were for it with respect to digital and HD.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Supposedly CHEX, CKWS, the main feeds and CHEX-TV2 Oshawa were supposed to go digital OTA now I'm hearing only 1 of the repeater stations of CKWS is going digital OTA. I don't know what to believe.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
The Brighton relay of CKWS will go digital in 2011 because it is above channel 51. Once it has to move, Corus decided it might as well go digital at the same time.
AFAIK, the plan for Peterborough and Kingston is to go digital in 2012, according to their filing with the CRTC. I don't recall if they saif anything about CHEX2 Oshawa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts