Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to switch my cable to Teksavvy, but my wife wants to keep her email for the time being so I'm looking for suggestions of a cheap way to keep the email address short term.

I would have just had a friend add it to their account when I canceled but its my understanding that they put the email on hold for 2 months now before releasing it back into availability.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I think you are out of luck. Rogers cuts off your email address as soon as you cancel service. You could cut the package to the least expensive Rogers internet package to save money but I'm assuming that's not what you want to do.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You can transfer email accounts to another rogers account. I do it often enough, I now have it down pat.

First, the account owner of the email accounts calls rogers tech support. Inform them you want to transfer the email accounts. Get confirmation number. Have the account number of the account you want to transfer to handy.

Second, the owner of the account you want to transfer to will need to call rogers, they will have to give the confirmation number, and verify their information and the request is fulfilled in 24 hrs.

As a side note, most of the time, this goes off without a hitch, but I did have one transfer that had issues. So, have the rep plaster both accounts with notes of the transfer. They will not do it without voice verification. So having notes on each account for the transfer will make this a much smoother transaction.

All said and done, 15 minutes on the phone.

Sorry for moving a old thread up, but I figured this might be useful if someone else googled this.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts