Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yes, pretty much. Not until I put CHCH on the rear of the antenna by swinging it away from Hamilton, Grand Island, Toronto, more towards Peterborough does WBNF come back in, and just barely at that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm getting CHCH on RF15 way up here in Barrie....just a test pattern, with CHCH Hamilton RF15 repeating over and over. My Tivax reads it as "CHCH RF15 TEST, Event 28". The regular feed I get for CHCH-HD is from Midland Penetanguishene, on channel 67...it comes in flawlessly. I wonder when the test period will be over and we'll be seeing the CHCH feed directly from Hamilton alongside the rebroadcaster?

VA3SAJ

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I haven't seen any notice on regular CHCH that their channel is changing (i.e. a crawler). So the changeover may be a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
^^^^
I would think it takes time for the evaluation period test results to be looked at by Industry Canada, and the promotions department of CHCH would need to formulate the advertising campaign for the channel switch.

It would be nice if everything except Industry Canada has already been done so to reduce the wait time for the entire process to be executed.

Cameron

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
The CRTC does not require testing. The CRTC requires a Broadcasting Certificate from Industry Canada in order to grant a Broadcasting License. It is Industry Canada that requires the testing.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
AFAIK, there certainly is no regulatory reason why not (simulcast regular programming at some point during the test period.)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, I found out that I have started to pick up 13-1 CKCO over in Beamsville on my CM4228HD with in the past few days and was wondering what was going on. Usually it goes from 11-1 CHCH, 15 WBNF, 17 WNED, etc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Than this is bad news for me than, unless when the 'new one' is at full power than I might be able to receive it. I am still curious as why my UHF antenna is not seeing RF15 but can pull in RF11 no trouble at all.

81 - 100 of 499 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.