Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else missing CHCH in the Ottawa area? Haven't been able to find the signal for over a week now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes, comes and goes, more often goes. Did a rescan thinking it changed channel numbers but it didn't find anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That’s tropo.
That signal may or may not reappear for you over the course of time this summer, next summer...
You may be surprised where signals can come from this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
No, not tropo.

This is normally a solid channel out of the Ottawa transmitter at Herbert Corners near Manotick.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, I didn’t know they had a transmitter out there...probably from the channel zero days. I guess they chose to make it a repeater to keep the license.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Wow, I didn’t know they had a transmitter out there...probably from the channel zero days. I guess they chose to make it a repeater to keep the license.

CHCH has a network of re-transmitters across Ontario which predates the Channel Zero days. It was set up to be able to compete with all the other Toronto market stations that could sell ads province-wide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I typically don't get 11.1 here in Fort Erie due to a "competing" U.S. channel but was able to tune it in from the Hamilton tower this morning on both my TV's. This happened a few weeks ago when the other station was down for some reason. That lasted for a day or so, I hope this time it stays up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts