Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experiencing slightly distorted sound on my centre channel for quite a while.Equipement as follows:
Receiver Bell 6141 connected via HDMI to
Yamaha RXV383 output to PSB Alpha and Alpha C on the centre channel.
My centre channel output is best described as "buzzy"
I recently replaced my older Yamaha Home theatre system to allow for Bluetooth but also in the hope that my centre channel issue would go away, - no improvement.
Next step was to visually inspect my centre speaker for obvious problems - none.
I then replaced it with a Yamaha centre from another system - same issue slightly less because the Yamaha is much smaller.
That leaves me with the conclusion that the 6141 is the source of the problem.I've tried all the settings Dolby/PCM/Line/RF on the receiver - no change.
Any suggestions ?

·
Super Moderator
56,458 Posts
I have the following comments/suggestions:

1. When you connect the speaker cable from the centre speaker to the left front speaker instead and vice versa, does the problem follow the speaker cables, or stay with the centre speaker? If the latter, then the problem is with the speaker, if the former, then there is a problem at the source or in the chain of connections.

2. Take bluetooth out of the equation and wire directly (if in the equation, if not, then fine)

3. Try connecting the 6141 via optical cable. Try a different HDMI cable.

4. Undo/redo all your speaker/HDMI or other cable connections involved.

Here's the FAQ on things to check/do:

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
What happens with another source like bluetooth from a phone? What happens when all channels are driven equally such as with 5-channel stereo (or equivalent setting?) I would also look for environmental sources such the cabinet, speaker mount or a nearby item that may vibrate when the speaker is active.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts