Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apology if I am posting in the wrong spot. Please move as required.

Let me start with I DO NOT recommend Channel One Antenna Installers owned by Martin McDonald.
The issues with Mr. McDonald are that he is slow to complete work and very expensive.
To keep it short, after installing a new tower, antennas and poles, the first wind storm of the winter bent the pole and it was at risk of hitting the neighbour's house. Channel One did eventually come and take the pole down. He indicated what was needed and the costs attached. I provided payment in full. That was in January. In spite of multiple emails and phone messages he still had not come to finish by the end of May. He provided a variety of excuses including that he had taken on other work in Ottawa and was running behind with that work.
My experience is that he always slow to respond, slow to get work done and expensive. There are several Better Business Bureau complaints against him.
I hired someone else to do the work. Dr. Antenna did show up on time and did the work in three hours.
I am trying to get the outstanding money I am owned from Channel One...wish me luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mark McDonald from Channel One Antenna is a scammer and I do not recommend him! I had an urgent job to remove an old antenna tower. Mark quoted me 250 to remove it after sending pictures. He demanded 100$ up front or he wouldn’t do the job. I paid him and he took a week to go and after going stated he need 500$ to take it down. I agreed and another week past and he didn’t get it done. He then stopped answering my messages. So I called someone else and they removed it within 2 hours of calling them for $200. He kept my deposit and is ignoring my calls and texts. I even offered for him to keep some of the money for any costs incurred. One of the worst service experiences of my life.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
And worse is that you can't even go to small claims court. I suspect the amount is too small to file a police report.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My apology if I am posting in the wrong spot. Please move as required.

Let me start with I DO NOT recommend Channel One Antenna Installers owned by Martin McDonald.
The issues with Mr. McDonald are that he is slow to complete work and very expensive.
To keep it short, after installing a new tower, antennas and poles, the first wind storm of the winter bent the pole and it was at risk of hitting the neighbour's house. Channel One did eventually come and take the pole down. He indicated what was needed and the costs attached. I provided payment in full. That was in January. In spite of multiple emails and phone messages he still had not come to finish by the end of May. He provided a variety of excuses including that he had taken on other work in Ottawa and was running behind with that work.
My experience is that he always slow to respond, slow to get work done and expensive. There are several Better Business Bureau complaints against him.
I hired someone else to do the work. Dr. Antenna did show up on time and did the work in three hours.
I am trying to get the outstanding money I am owned from Channel One...wish me luck.
Is he a short, fat guy that has trouble breathing ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts