Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this antenna?
The modular option looks interesting although it’s rather expensive.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
The specs indicates that it's an average antenna that's built a bit better than most. Channel Master doesn't back that up with anything better than a one year warranty though. It would be good for local stations or not too distant stations with higher power. You could probably do better with another antenna.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Just to be clear, the ad didn't say a word about Canada.
To exdilbert's point, just looks like a yagi with real good uhf front/back.
39 dB front/back could very well be what the doctor ordered for someone somewhere...
You would have to determine that for yourself.
As is typical in marketing specs, doesn't say whether gain is dBi or dBd
Even front/back could be misleading. without knowing front/rear.

Frequency Range54MHz~216MHz & 470MHz~608MHz
UHF Realized Gain9.7dB (Max)
VHF Realized Gain5.9dB (Max)
UHF Front to Back Ratio39.1dB
VHF Front to Back Ratio9.8dB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Also, the marketing picture makes it look like the antenna is 8 ft long compared to the house, but it is actually 3 ft.
(Like the pictures on kiddie wading pools that look like a 12 ft above ground, but are actually 3 ft)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The UHF and VHF add-ons are now shown on the site.
Bumps up gain to about 14 dB UHF (RF 14-36) and 8 dB VHF (2-13). Interesting to see VHF Hi and Lo
Patent pending...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
all 3 for only 149 + 69 + 69 = $287 (USD)
And they still refuse to tell you whether specified dB is dBi or dBd.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks like a generic Chinese Amazon cheapie. Willing to bet the reviews (real reviews on the forums - not ones bought and paid for) will not be kind to it.

My $30 Chinese 4 Bay works decent... I wouldn't be paying top dollar for something that most likely is similar. But that's just me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
(
all 3 for only 149 + 69 + 69 = $287 (USD)
And they still refuse to tell you whether specified dB is dBi or dBd.
Ivy I have yet to test one and don't think I'll ever get the chance because there's no way I'll pay $287 to have an average antenna. Channel Master is under new ownership and management and somebody must have told them that you can charge anything you want people will buy it because it's under the Channel Master name. And I'm sure there are those CM lovers that will.. but hey, free shipping!

Amazingly if you go to their web page and put in your address, guess what comes up ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts