Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have input 1 connected on my 9141 receiver. I don't want to drill a hole for a 2nd cable. When I select a program to record, it automatically sets it to record on input 2 so it doesn't record. Can this be changed to input 1? The only way that I am able to record anything is to program 2 shows to record at the same time, that way there, input 1 records and input 2 doesn't so I also have to change the priority of what I really want to record to a lower priority. I only want to record programming on this receiver, I don't need the ability to watch and record at the same time. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
rugrat74, your 9241 has to have two connections to the dish to work properly. Either by second cable to the dish and switches, or by using a DPP LNB setup on your dish and DPP separator just behind your receiver then two cables connected to your 9241.
Without the second connection, you will find many missed recordings, even by changing recording priority.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I know what you are saying dirtroad but the OP does not appear to want it fully functioning.

If you manage the recordings correctly you can use just 1 Tuner. You may have to miss a few shows if the scheduling does not work out but if he can live with that after paying $300 or Renting for $20 per month, it is his call.

I would be using a DPP LNBF and a DPP Separator and have it fully functional but it is not mine....

·
Registered
1 Posts
remote location and lack of DPP LNBF

I live in the Arctic, and here we need the 1.2M dishes, so the DPP doesnt catch enough signal and you need to install a second 1.2M dish. That being said, Bell doesn't have a store up here and the Source doesnt deal with the dishes any more, so there are few options available. I have a 9241 and I am looking for a way to deal with a single input. Suggestions are welcome. I will note that on my system, when i look under preferences, there is not a "Record Plus" option, and it seems that it is set permanently to TV2. Are there any other ways to change this?

Is it possible to just split the one feed from the dish into the 2 inputs? If the answer is an obvious no, just remember that I havent got a clue about how these gizmos work, nor do I know what the jargon means until I look it up. I would like full functionality and may consider installing an additional dish in the spring when winter is over.

In the mean time, I am open to other options and ideas.

Cheers from 63 degrees north lattitude.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If you cannot use DPP Twin LNBF's then you could get a pair of DP Duals, with one on each Dish you could then run a line from each into a DPP33 or DPP44 switch, the resulting outputs from those switch's can be run to a Dual Tuner Receiver and a DPP Separator used behind the Receiver to feed BOTH Tuners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts