Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Sharp LCDTV that can handle 720p and 1080i (works fine with the 360 and PS3) but when I change the aspect ratio for the TV to 720p or 1080i it essentially "blows up" the image. This results in the Guide menu being partially off the screen and losing part of the image of the HD show (really noticeable when watching sports and the HUD/score line becomes cut off). I've tried changing the zoom mode of the TV which doesn't fix the issue.

Ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am having a similar problem. I normally leave the setting on the PVR to be 1080i, but at least once per week, when I go to turn my TV/PVR on, it zooms in same as what the OP is saying. I then need to get into the Menu and change my settings back to 4:3 first and then to 1080i again. Then things are back to normal.

The problem is I can't see the menu properly as it is all chopped off, so I'm guessing where the option is.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This one confused me at first as well, but then I read the manual :). I set my TV aspect ratio to full (or whatever the appropriate setting is), then use the Telus Box settings to change ratios. Use the options button on the bottom right of your remote. There you can change it to Normal, Stretch, or a few different zoom levels, without lossing any of your screen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure my TV is already set correctly. I'll try the zoom button on the remote instead of changing the setting on the Menu each time back to 4:3 and then to 1080i.

But I don't understand why it would change on its on once a week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
its because your not using a HD res on your tv, 4:3 is a standard def ratio. you need to keep your tv at 16:9 for HD, which is why your settings are getting messed up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
no, i am using the 16:9 on my TV. as i said, everything is working fine with 1080i and then all of a sudden (once a week) i go to turn on my TV/PVR and everything is zoomed (while still on 1080i setting on the PVR). the only way to get off the zoom is change it to 4:3 on the PVR and then back to 1080i.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts