Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week, ch 605 is not broadcasting audio in dolby digital. All other channels are fine.

Has anyone else noticed this?

PS: rebooting the STB did not fix the problem

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't know if this has always been an issue, or just recently as I don't watch much on NBC. I was shocked watching the Seahawks game on Saturday that it was only in DD2.0. I am sure they do actually broadcast in 5.1, can't say where the issue would lie though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tested on Shaw Direct since I still have it installed and they have this channel in 5.1, BUT all the channels from SD always show as 5.1 in my receiver, so I don't know if I can trust that information.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I tested on Shaw Direct since I still have it installed and they have this channel in 5.1, BUT all the channels from SD always show as 5.1 in my receiver, so I don't know if I can trust that information.
@digao

I just checked. The show is : The Cape channel 605 using Digital out
to my Yamaha Amp and my Amp is showing Dolby Digital 5.1.

Though I will say I have notice a lot on some HD channels that are broadcasting in DD 5.1 , Some stations seem be all coming threw
my center speaker. Like the channels are being too much compressed. I shouldn't be getting sound effects all threw my center channel. My DVD/blue ray on my PS3 play fine, As so dvds
on either 360 or ps3.. Via optical digital.

Though I notice OasisHd not showing up in DD 5.1 now.. must be just the show yet says its new 2010. hmm

This is my Amp, older one but works..
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/htr/htr-5250/?mode=model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts