Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Hmm... I can't get it using any of the variables, tried 9-1 with frequency 40 and 9, and also the reverse, 40-1 with frequency of 40 and 9. It was working perfectly until the recent change, I'm not sure how to tune it. Finding a user community for the HDTV Wonder with MCE in Canada is pretty difficult too since ATI wont sell the card here.

Thanks for the info.

fish
 

·
OTA Forum Moderator
Joined
·
24,867 Posts
poisson said:
Finding a user community for the HDTV Wonder with MCE in Canada is pretty difficult too since ATI wont sell the card here.
It might be possible to get a thread going in the HTPC Forum since I know there are several HDTV Wonder users here at DHC and probably more who are interested. Let me know by PM if you need a hand starting up something like that in there.

Regarding the CFTO-DT PSIP issue, it seems like they're messing around with different options on their push button console. Has anyone contacted their engineering staff to ask what's going on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I've lost the CFTO channels also.
CBC 5-1 wasn't coming in tonight also.
I had channel 2-1 over the weekend (Saturday) but it's gone again.

Channel 4-1 during the beginning of CSI Miami would loose the actors vocals but kept the background music and video. It was easy to tell this by switching back and fourth with the standard antenna. INXS Rockstar also had audio dropouts with good video.Has anyone experienced any of these dropouts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
HDTV Wonder over here, I've also lost CFTO HD.

As has already been discussed, I've seen it move from 40.1 to 9.1 and points between.

Right now, using other members' information, I'm able to tune to 40.4 to get moved to 9.2 to see nothing at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Cfto

I'm also having problems with CFTO on my Samsungs. Strong signal, but when I try to get the receiver to manually tune to the station I get a "no signal" indication. I wrote to CFTO, but they are not responding to my e-mails. Nor does WIVB respond to e-mails. On July 4th, WIVB had no front dialogue channel audio all evening.

It's bizarre that US and Canadian broadcasters pay lip service to promoting HDTV but fail to respond to viewers, when viewers make honest attempts to communicate technical problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I'm getting full signal on it when tuning 9-1 to frequency 40, but that's it, it says no signal.

I'll try sending an email but am not holding out much hope for a response based on what I'm reading.

fish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,152 Posts
CTVdude said:
I'll foward this thread to someone in Engineering

CTVdude, maybe you could find out if this transmitter is official on the air or are they still experimenting with it? I was the one that found 40-1 on air and reported it here… it was unannounced anywhere in the main stream media so I’m wondering if CFTO’s digital transmitter is not officially on air as of yet and the reason were having so many problems.
 

·
OTA Forum Moderator
Joined
·
24,867 Posts
HDTV101 said:
CTVdude, maybe you could find out if this transmitter is official on the air or are they still experimenting with it? I was the one that found 40-1 on air and reported it here… it was unannounced anywhere in the main stream media so I’m wondering if CFTO’s digital transmitter is not officially on air as of yet and the reason were having so many problems.
That was the exact process with CIVT-DT Vancouver: no news from CTV at all when 33.1 came up on the air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Cfto 9-1, 40-1

Just called CFTO and spoke to an engineer there. He said the transmitter went down the other day, and they are working on it.

Also, he said they still don't have official approval yet from Industry Canada, but that doesn't affect their being able to broadcast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
intrac said:
Just called CFTO and spoke to an engineer there. He said the transmitter went down the other day, and they are working on it.

Also, he said they still don't have official approval yet from Industry Canada, but that doesn't affect their being able to broadcast.
Thanks for taking the time'n'making the effort on our behalf, intrac. Much appreciated! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
Well CFTO is back on on 40-3. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Well I'm still having problems. I have added the channel to 9-1 using frequency 40. I receive 100% signal strength when testing through Media Center, but when trying to tune to the channel it shows that there is no signal. I'm at a loss, I can pick up everything else that everyone gets here.

*Scratches head.

fish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
poisson said:
Well I'm still having problems. I have added the channel to 9-1 using frequency 40. I receive 100% signal strength when testing through Media Center, but when trying to tune to the channel it shows that there is no signal. I'm at a loss, I can pick up everything else that everyone gets here.

*Scratches head.

fish
No problem here -- I can tune in either 9-1 or 40-1 and it goes to 9-1.
I have a built-in ATSC tuner in my set.
 
21 - 40 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top