Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has CFTO changed channels? I get it on 40-3? I heard they fixed the PSIP, but it doesn't show up on my set.
And on an earlier topic on this list, since i've done some work at the CN Tower; CKXT52, CKXT-DT66 & CFTO-DT40 share the same antenna.
CBLT-DT24 & CBLFT-DT20 share the same antenna as TVO19 & CBLFT25 analoge
CITY & CITY-DT share the same antenna at the top of the tower.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tom.F.1 said:
Has CFTO changed channels? I get it on 40-3? I heard they fixed the PSIP, but it doesn't show up on my set.
And on an earlier topic on this list, since i've done some work at the CN Tower; CKXT52, CKXT-DT66 & CFTO-DT40 share the same antenna.
CBLT-DT24 & CBLFT-DT20 share the same antenna as TVO19 & CBLFT25 analoge
CITY & CITY-DT share the same antenna at the top of the tower.
CFTO-DT still comes in at 9-1 and 40-1. PSIP changes 40-1 to 9-1 in my set.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Tom.F.1 said:
Nope, PSIP hasn't been fixed yet: it's still on 40-3 rather than 9-1... I guess the engineers over in Agincourt are still playing the "I wonder what this button does???" game with the digi-cast software! :eek: :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
CenturyBreak said:
Nope, PSIP hasn't been fixed yet: it's still on 40-3 rather than 9-1... I guess the engineers over in Agincourt are still playing the "I wonder what this button does???" game with the digi-cast software! :eek: :p
Not on my set -- when I tune in 40-1, it comes in, then changes to 9-1.
Same thing when I tune in 40-3, it comes in, then changes to 9-1.

·
Registered
611 Posts
intrac said:
Not on my set -- when I tune in 40-1, it comes in, then changes to 9-1.
Same thing when I tune in 40-3, it comes in, then changes to 9-1.
Unfortunately that's not the case for at least two of us here. I've rescanned a few times over the last week or so in the hopes that the PSIP will be refreshed, but I wasn't hopeful: when the PSIP was updated/corrected last month, it showed up on my T351 without rescanning. Basically, it's only 40-3 these days... :(

Anyone have an e-mail address for the CFTO engineering department, so we can inform them of the situation?

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Samsung ATSC Tuners thread about CFTO

CenturyBreak said:
Okay... make that "at least four of us"! :D Call us the Sammy Brigade. :cool:
See the Samsung ATSC Tuners thread and you'll find others with the same troubles with CFTO-DT, and if it looks like this is a Samsung tuner problem I'll merge this thread into that one.

So, are people with non-Sammy tuners having PSIP problems with CFTO-DT, such as remapping?

·
Registered
120 Posts
My Panny 42PX50 is doing the same thing with the internal ATSC tuner, CTV is 40-3.
My Sylvania STB maps it to 9.1.

- Greg

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just like everyone else, my Sammy SIR-T151 has trouble locking on and it shows up as 40-3. My ATI HDTV Wonder remaps to 9-1 but I only get audio (no video). I hope they get this issue resolved soon.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
My SIR-T151 locks on it but it takes about 10 seconds.. first says "No signal" then it locks it in but I have to then step from 40-1 to 40-3 to get the picture. 40-1 and 40-2 have nothing on them. Why did they do this???? Seems this million dollar digital transmitter is just a new toy for them to play with. :p

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
gmarsden said:
My Panny 42PX50 is doing the same thing with the internal ATSC tuner, CTV is 40-3.
My Sylvania STB maps it to 9.1.
I would not be surprised if Panasonic (Matsushita Electric) buys their ATSC tuner modules from Samsung, which would explain your HDTV showing the same phenomena, but I could be wrong about that.

I'm still hoping for owners of other ATSC tuner brands to let us know if they too are having the CFTO-DT troubles.

As I say, if we can establish that this is a Samsung problem like the one talked about in the Samsung ATSC Tuners thread I'll merge this one into that one.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
cfto-dt

It comes in as 40-3 for me on both my samsung 151 and sanyo integrated tuner.It used to be 9-1 on both.I therefore think its cfto problem or error.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loosing signal on cfto now. it was 40-3 on my set. Signal dropped out completely, so i re-scanned. Now i don't get it at all.
All the other toronto stations are working at normal signal level.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Tom.F.1 said:
Loosing signal on cfto now. it was 40-3 on my set. Signal dropped out completely, so i re-scanned. Now i don't get it at all.
All the other toronto stations are working at normal signal level.
Sounds like you're getting what I get with the Buffalo stations (well, mostly WGRZ, but very occasionally the others...) with the effect of the lake heating and causing short-range skip... Except you're not dealing with the lake!!! All the Toronto stations are rock-solid, never varying in signal level over this side of Hogtown... CFTO-DT is fine here this evening, as expected... except for the hassle of the PSIP gonk, so I end up with the same experience of HDTV101... although the "No Signal" cycle only takes about three seconds for the T351...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got cfto back now

·
Registered
257 Posts
poisson said:
I am currently running Media Center 2005 with ATI HDTV Wonder card. I'm getting full signal on 9-1 but the channel isn't coming in anymore. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I've tried to add 40-1 but get no signal on that channel. Does anyone know what frequency the channel is actually on?

fish
It's actually on 40-1, but the PSIP encoded information changes it to 9-1.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.