Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Dennis and Jim hosted Monday. I only tuned in just after 800pm, so I assume this was a replay. I assumed it was some kind of Leafs season post mortem but I didn't listen for very long, as I tuned over to 1010.

edited to add: I just read the article and notice the time it was posted probably means it refers to him actually hosting on Monday. Wonder what the plan is for the rest of the week.

· Registered
160 Posts
So yesterday morning, I turn on Am980 in London at 9 like I usually do, and hear "Jeff Mcarthur is off this week." OK, summer vacation or whatever, fine. I'm driving in to Toronto last evening, and didn't want to listen to Raceline on 590, and the guy on 1010 wasn't talking about something I was interested in, so I flip to 640, as I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm thinking "Wow that voice is familiar" and sure enough, it was Jeff Mcarthur.

Struck me as weird they would take him off the air in London to use him in Toronto, especially, since he does the 5-9am show on 103.9 as well as the 9-11 talk show on 980. I wonder if this is sort of an audition for the big city for him, or if 640 was just in a bind for an evening host and Corus figured they could cover him off in London for the week. I'm also curious if he actually went to Toronto to host, or if he did it from Corus London.

· Registered
160 Posts
I guess you haven't listened in ages if you still call it mojo LOL.

Anyway, I posted on 980's facebook page, and they said it was just summer scheduling at 640, so they let Jeff come up for the week and try it out since he hasn't hosted in Toronto before. I did hear him make mention of walking from his hotel to Corus Quay, so I guess he is actually hosting it there and not from London.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.