Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 281 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
HDTV101 yes everything iree mon.:) me a yard man born in Jamaica and lived there for 13 years :D

Another great beer from the carribean bought two case when I was in New Jersey this last August. The three beer's that I drink when I'm down south is Heineken, Red Stripe and Presidente.

I'll post some more when I'm there again this Dec my sister wants me to network her house and a new office she built at home, that's if I'm not drinking too much.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Miami ota results with 4228

Was in Miami for a few days and a year ago told my brother about getting a 4228. He had a small rca ota antenna that worked ok.

All local ota broadcast from Miramar great for local residents as they do not need rotors.

My brother had his coworker setup a killer wall mount. Over engineer is the word. He used a 2.5"pole with a custom heavy duty wall bracket. I asked my brother you mounted the antenna yet he said no but he did the mount.

So this morining around 8am(nice weather sunny) connected the 4228 his cable ub is about 75'.

Oh no elevation is not too good just enough to clear the roof is that palm trees.

Mount:

The view where the antenna points oh nooooo....

Have faith in a 4228, not to dispair I told him to get a 5 ft extension. The pole he used can add a coupler and screw another pole in..

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Signal Strength

All uhf broadcasting stations comes in no less than 92 to 94% signal strength on his Jvc tv.

Nbc example,

Hmm what Vhf HD can a 4228 pull in.
WPLG(Abc) broadcast on Vhf 9

Signal strength

Amazing results, sorry about the quality of the photos they were taking with my Mot Q9h.

Even Fox that broadcast on Vhf 8 comes in with a signal strength of 65-69 on his tv. He will raise the antenna higher maybe I will have to come back down early next year to do it

·
Registered
6 Posts
OTA channels in the Bahamas

My local cable provider has placed 6 digital channels over the air
They are 12.1 thru 12.6.
If I let my BEV 9200 search for local channels nothing is found but if I manually add channels (choosing digital option and setting channel at 12 I get a not locked signal strength of 73%. Is there anything that I can do to see these channels?
I am running a dual LNB dish looking at 91 only without a switch and using an analog TV connected to TV2 output and with shared view enabled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OTA

Sorry but the cable company is indeed broacasting over the air

Its part of a program to bring Tv to a remote area that till now was satellite only
so back to the question how can I get my 9200 to lock in on these signals?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Short answer is no, there is nothing you can do to your 9200 to make it lock in. The problem is the transmit signal.
You can call them and explain the problem and maybe they can add PSIP info to their signal, and then your tuner will recognise it as a valid ASTC signal and lock in.
I have the same problem with Sun-DT. Lots of signal strength but won't lock.
So, i don't watch them, not missing much.
My Sanyo tuner won't lock in Sun either.

And I have heard about these experimental multicast transmitters. Where are you?
Digital transmitters require quite a bit of software setup to get the settings working, its not just turn it on and look at the picture like the old analog days.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Tom.F.1 said:
And I have heard about these experimental multicast transmitters. Where are you?
I also am very interested in the details of this system.

Location and cable company please, snowgoose200? :)

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,878 Posts
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Mexico's TV stations are only in analogue NTSC, but I didn't get a chance to ask anyone about ATSC cutover.

I disconnected the coax from our hotel TV and fashioned an antenna out of a coat hanger without a ruler or tape measure so by my best guess I was only able to get a couple of local stations. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
New Recieve Antenna for Villahermosa location.

I have recently purchased a new VHF/UHF recieve antenna for my wife's house in Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mex. Much to my surprise I found the Steren brand name here in Minatitlan, Veracruz. Mex. We now need some RG6 coaxial cable and a mast support to complete the installation. Unfortunately the house is located between two 5 storey buildings and we may have to raise the mounting height of the antenna considerably to eliminate expected reflections. My wife's house is just 2 storeys. In any event the result has to be better than the existing rabbit ears!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am going to be doing some work in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) in the new year. Until I stumbled upon this forum it hadn't occured to me that we might be able to pick up the USVI and or PR OTA stations.

Unfortunately our location will be on the far side of Tortola (relative to St. Thomas) and as a result the central mountin range will be between the site and the OTA transmitters in St. Thomas. Even so, with the right antenna and amplification, might it be possible to pick up clean feeds from St. Thomas?

Also, are any of the St. Thomas digital feeds in HD?

-Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Northern Virginia OTA Antenna/Setup Help

Hello All,
I have been using OTA for a while now and am finally looking to see if I can improve my setup.

I have a problem where the Broadcast stations are on the other side of a hill with townhouses on them. So I have to point my antenna right at the hill and well needless to say this does not have the best of receptions.

I have a Winegard 7084P and a channelmaster pre-amp. The other problem is that it can be windy and it moves my antenna so it goes from a touchy ok for the channels to well not so much.

I am looking to just replace it all as I can not get to the pre-amp easily. I mounted it inside the attic and had insulation blown in there making it very hard to get to...

Just as a note I am in the US (Northern VA).

Thanks

41 - 60 of 281 Posts