Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
What channel is the philly - pens game on? It's no longer in the guide.

Edit - ch 431 (adv) guide says chi-LA but it looks like it's pens and philly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
NHL.com and the SD guide as of yesterday showed the pens - philly game starting at 3. I guess they held even the jets and sens game till the banner raising was done. Alas, this is a joke that NBC is deciding what game I want to watch. NBC east has no volume for the hawks and kings. NBC west and NHL CI ch 431 or both showing the hawks and Kings , volume working. NHL.com says RDS 2 has the pens - philly game. What a frikin joke!!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
On CI or on a NBC channel?

EDIT:

More info from the Shaw CSR

I've got confirmation now that NHLCI has dropped the game. This is likely due to the broadcasting rights of NBC. It appears that NBC is airing the CHI v LA game on both their feeds in the Western region and I would expect the PHI v PIT game on both their feeds in the Eastern region.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So the problem for me is my NBC East feed is blacked out. It doesn't matter that CI is not showing the game. This always seems to happen with SD and never with my friends on Bell. Of course their customer service is a long wait so I'm not even bothering to call.

·
Super Moderator
56,433 Posts
Looks like what Shaw Cable is doing (blacking out the eastern game) is affecting Shaw Direct incorrectly because the eastern customers should probably be seeing the eastern game. See the various CI threads for the various providers where this issue is being discussed.

I checked the IPs of some of the posters above and they are in eastern Canada, unable to see the eastern game.

Note that both games are available on Rogers and Bell.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah I'm in ottawa. I've read someplace that nbc Detroit is showing la/chi. And that the other providers have different cities for their networks (eg buffalo). Maybe that's the problem. I don't know.

·
Registered
629 Posts
WOW! What a bunch of dolts over there. Now all three feeds (NBC-E, NBC-W and NHL CI) have switched to the east feed. So now the kings/hawks game has been lost. If I were a fan of one of those 2 teams and they cut out that game during the third period i'd be livid right now!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do we have a choice on eastern feed for NBC,CBS. ABC, presently getting Detroit feed. Living in eastern Ontario would much rather get Syracuse, Rochester or even Buffalo. Since Detroit is in the west conference, I can easily see why they would carry Los Angeles vs Chicago.

I certainly wanted to see Pens vs Flyers. Like everyone else the switch was made start of the third. Having the Center Ice package there is no reason you don't have a choice should be able to watch both, one on NBC the other on Center Ice Package.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have both east and west feeds of NBC they carried LA-Hawks until it was out of reach for LA and then switched to Flyers- Pens with about 18 mins in the 3rd...on both channels

61 - 80 of 246 Posts