Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get the Center Ice package but do not have TSN will I get the games that are being shown nationally on TSN or on SportsNet for that matter? I am a long suffering Leafs fan (stay on the subject people) and I noticed TSN has quite a few Leafs games this year, but I like to watch other regions too. I have cut back to the Basic package and would rather not start upgrading again. I can get CI for a year cheaper than moving to Essentials with themes for a year.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Center Ice is an out-of-market package. If TSN or Sportsnet are showing a game nationally, then the whole country is "in" market. Therefore, there are no national games on Center Ice. If TSN or Sportsnet are showing a regional game, and you are outside that region, you will be able to get it on Center Ice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All games on CBC/TSN are national games and, thus, not included in Centre Ice.

As for Sportsnet games, it depends on your local region.

Ontario East, Quebec, Maritimes = Montreal and Ottawa
Ontario Central and West = Toronto
Alberta, Sask, Manitoba = Edmonton and Calgary
B.C. = Vancouver

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers people. It's not what I wanted to hear but it is what I was thinking. Come on "A la Carte" programming.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If I recall well you need to suscribe to Sports 1 theme pack to be able to suscribe to NHL Center Ice...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts