Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas:

The outlaws built a new house in the sticks with a steel roof and now their 'dumb' phones don't work!

Do you have any recommendations on a booster they could mount outside that would work on both MTS and Telus networks (CDMA)?

Also, is it possible to be on both GSM and CDMA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Just to clarify, do their phones manage to get some signal right in front of their home (or near a window)? A signal booster won't do anything if it can't get a signal to begin with.

I'm not sure of any reliable signal boosters myself, but hopefully some other DHC members have an idea where to look.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, let me know how that goes...one of their carriers wants $500 for their booster - that seems ridiculous to me...

I found a used on kiij but it only works on the 1900MHz band - I'm not sure if that would work for thier carriers to be sure...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Suggest checking Dual Band Cellphone Boosters manufactured by Wilson Electronics. Several models available.

We get 1 bar of signal strength (outside of cottage))and with the desktop version we get as much as 6 bars (when located near inside antenna).

Easy installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts