Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2011/01/31/17100251.html

As Charlie Sheen heads back to a rehabilitation facility, weeks of salacious headlines are now giving way to a steep financial price for the star’s behaviour.

In fact, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that if Two and a Half Men is forced to shut down permanently, it could jeopardize as much as $250 million US in domestic syndication revenue for producer Warner Bros. Television and millions more in lost ad revenue for CBS.

In its eighth season, Men is the most-watched comedy on television, averaging 14.7 million viewers, while it is second only to ABC’s Modern Family among the ad-coveted younger demographic of 18-49-year-olds.
There are currently only two new episodes of Men that have not yet aired, and while CBS will save on license fees if production remains shut down, the loss of new Men will certainly impact the overall performance of its Monday night lineup.

At this point, the final two new episodes are scheduled to air Feb. 7 and 14. (The first is fittingly titled “Three Hookers and a Philly Cheesesteak,” according to the CBS schedule.)
Charlie Sheen better smarten up, get sober and continue doing what he does best: Entertaining us fans, or else Men will be a part of history and so will he.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I hope the figure out a way to close up the series if sheen doesn't come back as hard as that may be.
Its too bad all this has to happen. I guess he doesn't have to act much on 2.5 men since it basically is his life.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Since all of this hit the news, it seems like his character (on the show) is really self destructing, more so than ever before. The network is really cashing in on this! As for Charlie Sheen, I don't feel sorry for him. If he can pull it together enough to continue doing the show, he's got no problem.

-Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
It seems that Charlie will be back on the stage of two and a half man. I have heard that he is making $2M per week with that show; this a good motivation to go back to work till the next party.

And here`s the vanity card that appears after the latest show.
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #329
I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.

If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guess we know who the "Half" refers to in the title! Just another example of the wrong people having too much money. They can't spend it fast enough so it goes up their noses or in their veins.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The day I start making $2M/wk, I will start to judge him. Spending $2k/night for a hooker is a lower percentage than most of us spend for coffee @ the mall. His substance abuse has a lower inpact on his finances than most people's social drinking. As for morals, it is easy to say you'ld have them when you can't afford to not have them.

The best I can say is that I hope that I would not be tempted enough to be willing to risk throwing away my family and career.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well said, Deckster. You have to walk a mile in his shoes, albeit $2000 a pair, to know what's in his mind. Still and all, it's a shame the silly ass has slipped so low.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Charlie Goes Ballastic; CBS, Warner Cancel Remainder of Season

Charlie goes on two radio interview rants and the result is now the season is cancelled.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=12992839
CBS and Warner Bros. Television say they are ending production on this season of "Two and a Half Men" in the wake of incendiary remarks by star Charlie Sheen.

In a statement Thursday, the network and studio said they were basing their decision on the "totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition."
Details of his rant:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20469063,00.html

I would not be surprised if this is the beginning of the end of his career.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
This is almost certainly the end of Two and a Half Men at the least. Which is too bad because the show has been better this year than it was last year. It would also mean that the best comedy of the 2000s will go out without a proper ending in all likely hood.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Fire Sheen and replace the show. CBS would lose nothing as every show and star is replaceable. Sheen is now a laughing point in most conversations. What an embarrassment and a lousy role model for anyone other than crack users. Time for CBS to really pull the plug!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Charlie's letter to Chuck Lorre production company

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.
This guy is really messed up. Sounds a bit like Muammar al-Gaddafi

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
^^^ or Mel Gibson minus the F-bombs.

james99 said:
One of the best shows on TV and I have no issue with his behaviour.
I agree about being one of the best shows on TV, but I'm not sure that it is whether you or I have issue with his behavior, but more whether the bosses at CBS have issue with his behaviour. They will ultimately decide whether the ratings are worth the hassle. TV is a business.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
One of the best shows on TV and I have no issue with his behaviour.

He isn't going anywhere.
Hold on here.......Avatar was a terrible movie but 2 1/2 men is one of the best show's on TV. I'm going to have to sit down and think about this one for a while.

For the record I enjoy(ed) both thoroughly but Sheen is a walking disaster. Forget the "walk a mile in his shoes" bit. 1.8M an episode and he will probably be penniless in 10 years assuming he's still alive

·
Registered
519 Posts
The issue that is ruining his life may be his drug addiction and apparent addictive personality. You don't need to walk a mile in his shoes to see that his destructive lifestyle will not be cured until he realizes there is a problem. By his radio rants it's clear he thinks he's doing just fine, and this delusion will see him ruined.

I think he will be black listed if this very profitable show is canceled due to his personal life.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Warner Bros. fires Charlie Sheen from 'Men'

It's official! Charlie Sheen is fired from Two and a Half Men.

Charlie Sheen's employment on "Two and a Half Men" has been formally terminated by Warner Bros.

The studio sent the actor a letter today informing him of the termination. Sheen had another season to go on his contract with the studio for the CBS laffer, which was shut down for the rest of this season by the studio and network on Feb. 24 because of Sheen's increasingly erratic behavior and hard-partying lifestyle.

Sheen had been promising to take legal action against the studio ever since Warner Bros. TV and CBS made the decision to shutter "Men."

Reps for the studio said no final decision has been made about the fate of the "Men" on CBS next season, other than the fact that Sheen will not be on the series.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033480

1 - 20 of 43 Posts