Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I was wondering if Interrogation will stream on CBS All Access Canada or has some Canadian channel have the licensing rights to the series.
It doesn't appear to have shown up on CBS All Access Canada - so I can only assume that they don't have the Canadian rights to it, and that CBS has sold the Canadian rights elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access has delayed Monday’s launch and temporarily postponed production of Tooning Out the News amid the growing coronavirus threat. (Deadline)

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
@tvmaster all those shows were mentioned earlier in this thread as well as the respective Canadian schedule threads. Bell Media has the exclusive Canadian rights to Star Trek Discovery and Picard for CTV Sci-Fi Channel and streaming on Crave.

The Twilight Zone aired on Citytv for the first season, but no mention of it since, so they may have decided not to air the upcoming season. Season 1 is available for streaming on the CBC French service.
https://ici.tou.tv/the-twilight-zone-la-quatrieme-dimension

Still no sign of Interrogation anywhere in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access today announced that production will resume on its new animated variety news series, TOONING OUT THE NEWS, with the staff and crew working remotely. The series will launch on Tuesday, April 7 in the U.S. and Canada, exclusively on CBS All Access. New five- to seven-minute segments will be available Tuesday through Friday, culminating in a weekly full episode. (Source)

·
Registered
704 Posts
The thing I have with CBS All Access is that they have the least amount of content when compared to other streaming services in the same price range and very little original content.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Tell Me a Story will not return to CBS All Access for a third installment, but both seasons will continue to be available on CBS All Access across platforms. In addition, The CW has licensed the first season for broadcast either this summer or fall and Season 2 after Q4 2020. (Deadline) The series is on CBSAA Canada.

----

All 10 episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE Season two launch on CBS All Access in the U.S. Thursday, June 25. (Press Release) Season one aired exclusively on Citytv in Canada, before becoming available on CBSAA Canada. Citytv hasn't mentioned whether they acquired Season 2.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access will get a significant reboot this summer, ViacomCBS CEO Bob Bakish told Wall Street analysts Thursday, with Paramount films and shows from Nickelodeon, BET and other networks joining the service. The subscription offering will be rebranded and will also expand internationally in the next 12 months. (Deadline) No specific mention of Canada and if they will expand the content here. As a result of the Viacom / CBS merger, U.S. programming will also include 100 movies from Paramount's library.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
No specific mention of Canada...
I suspect that's due to the high availability of US networks and US programming in Canada combined with CRTC policies that protect Canadian broadcasters' rights. Then there are the US/Canada copyright and trade agreements that further protect broadcasters and content owners in both countries. CBS All Access cannot carry very much CBS owned content in Canada because the company has already sold exclusive rights to much of it to Canadian companies.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The Twilight Zone season 2 is not on CBS All-Access. Just season 1.
Interesting ... I guess Justwatch is wrong - it showed it being added the other day. And normally they don't show the ones that aren't available in Canada.

Presumably it will show up on City-TV like last year.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts