Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access' "STRANGE ANGEL" To Debut Second Season In Canada Beginning Thursday, June 13

CBS All Access Service Continues to Expand to New Device Platforms and Is Now Available on Apple TV Channels in Canada

CBS All Access, CBS' direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, today announced that its original series STRANGE ANGEL will premiere its second season on Thursday, June 13 in Canada. New episodes of STRANGE ANGEL's seven-episode second season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in Canada, mirroring the series' roll-out on the service in the U.S.

In addition to STRANGE ANGEL, other CBS All Access original series available in Canada include TELL ME A STORY, comedy series NO ACTIVITY, as well as seasons one and two of THE GOOD FIGHT, with more to be announced.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Season one and two of Good Fight ... wait, Season 3 is out on CBS All Access in the USA.

Is that a typo, or did they really sell the Canadian rights away from their own channel?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't at least retain a share of the streaming rights. They seem to have very little interest in building a streaming service in Canada.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Star Trek: Discovery is also on CBS All Access in the States and on Space/Crave in Canada. I believe The Twilight Zone is also on CBS All Access in the states but on CITY in Canada.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Cord cutting is a lot more common in the US and OTT services are more popular. As long as Canadian broadcasters keep Canadians in the BDU noose, it will be more profitable for US broadcasters to sell their rights to Canadian companies.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
The animated comedy series STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS 10-episode first season will premiere in 2020. The series will air exclusively on CBS All Access in the United States and will be distributed concurrently internationally by CBS Studios International. (CBS Press Release) No specific mention of Canada.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access announced that its latest original series, WHY WOMEN KILL, will launch on its service in Canada on Thursday, August 15. New episodes of WHY WOMEN KILL's 10-episode first season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in Canada, mirroring the series' roll-out in the U.S.

Full Press Release

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access today announced that season two of its psychological thriller TELL ME A STORY will premiere on Thursday, Dec. 5. New Episodes Will Be Released Weekly on Thursdays Exclusively for CBS All Access Subscribers. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
CBS All Access today announced that the third season of NO ACTIVITY and the second season of TELL ME A STORY will premiere on its service in Canada on Thursday, Nov. 21 and Thursday, Dec. 5, respectively, mirroring the series' roll-out in the U.S. All eight episodes of NO ACTIVITY will be available to binge, and the 10-episode season of TELL ME A STORY will be available on-demand weekly on Thursdays, both exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. (Press Release)

·
Registered
208 Posts
thursday night at 9pm eastern time star trek picard premiers on ctv sci-fi channel as it is in there tv on line guide on there site

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interrogation

I was wondering if Interrogation will stream on CBS All Access Canada or has some Canadian channel have the licensing rights to the series.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts