1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's...

1. CBC Vancouver Weekend News weather girl Ann Luu, and
2. Global's Driving Television segment host from ScotiaLife Financial Anne Lee

Are they twins? Perhaps to some, all Chinese look the same; but I just can't pick out any difference between them! See it for yourself...

Every time I watch either of them on TV I can't help but wonder if they are related, or perhaps even the same person!:D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree there is quite a resemblance. At first, I thought they might be mirror image twins as the CBC Ann gestures with her right hand while the Global Anne gestures with her left hand. Ann Luu wears a wedding ring so that would account for the difference in their last names. I couldn't tell from the video if Anne Lee wears a wedding ring.
However on second thought Chris, I doubt that parents of twin girls would name one of them Ann and name the other Anne as it would be too confusing.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
However on second thought Chris, I doubt that parents of twin girls would name one of them Ann and name the other Anne as it would be too confusing.
That makes it easy to call them for dinner. If you need only one, you call them by their last name....... :p

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wow, good observation. After watching both videos for a few seconds, I tried to find something different between them (granted, not all identical twins are perfectly identical) and noticed that the weather girl's nose is slightly down turned. So looking straight ahead, you can't see into her nostrils like you can with the Driving TV girl.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! Interesting discussion. About the nostril thing, I think it's the camera perspective difference. Although both camera angles seem to be at the same level, the DrivingTV camera seems to be closer to the subject which results in an upward angle towards the face.

Maybe not easy to see from the clips but they both wear wedding rings.

Regarding similar first names, Ann from CBC was born in China according to her bio on CBC website (probably same for Anne, too) so it's quite unlikely that both Ann/Anne names were named by their parents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts