Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is a problem at the source or with the new SW, but everything upgraded fine in November and suddenly beginning last week I'm getting Alternate Audio on CBC's InSecurity and Republic of Doyle. All efforts to disable this have failed and the problem exists with channel 582 in Vancouver and 514 in Toronto.

Audio Described in the second settings menu has been disabled and in the first settings menu language choice is set to English (I see no setting described as SAP). I don't use the audio from my Samsung HDTV but from my Yamaha digital theater which indicates dual signals Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Surround (2.0) when the SAP problem appears. It looks like the SAP feed is coming from the DD 5.1 because when I change to 5 speaker stereo, the DD 5.1 light is still on, the DS 2.0 is light is disabled but the SAP persists.
The audio is directly from the STB to the Yamaha.

Is this a problem with the CBC's signal? I read in another post from a year ago that the CBC had messed up the feed on a Simpsons show.

As far as I'm aware, everything is fine at my end and oddly enough, I've only noticed it on the two programs in HD.

I have warm and cold booted the SD8300HD repeatedly to no avail.

Any observations or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts