Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... Long time no see.

Is anyone else getting intermittent dropouts on CBC Newsworld (ch 1564) on BellTV?

Both myself and someone in a different location are getting dropots For the last 2 weeks.

Anyone know what’s up with CBC Newsworld on Bell?

Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi there... Long time no see.

Is anyone else getting intermittent dropouts on CBC Newsworld (ch 1564) on BellTV?

Both myself and someone in a different location are getting dropots For the last 2 weeks.

Anyone know what’s up with CBC Newsworld on Bell?

Thanks.
Yes we are too from time to time. Thought it was only me. No idea what the problem could be

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Similar problem for me with ch. 1562 CTV News. Starts about 22:00 ADT. No signal on several transponders on 82. Everything else is normal. Problem is gone by the morning. I suspect there is some kind of moisture buildup on the dish as the sun goes down and the sea air cools the dish surface? (just guessing).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. Also for the past two weeks. It seems that one sat goes out. I called Bell and went through the signal strength and switch tests with good results. They suggested that a tech visit and we set up an appointment. When the problem went away I cancelled the appointment. The problem has since returned intermittently. I was starting to wonder if it was heat related with the outdoor electronics given the high temps of late.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just assume it is failing caps on my receiver...
We have two receivers and since they both have the same issue at the same time I think it has to be the dish or switch electronics or, unlikely as it sounds, something with the sat signal.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I have had the same issue lately as well, mostly on sat 82. I moved my dish, get 100 % sat signal. Then when it goes out still have 87 % or better. Says signal loss. Then it comes back on. It is not my satellite, have setup enough of these I know for sure, maybe it is the receiver?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have two receivers and since they both have the same issue at the same time I think it has to be the dish or switch electronics or, unlikely as it sounds, something with the sat signal.

We had a tech out to have a look. With no diagnosis he just went ahead and replaced the 10 year old satellite dish head which in turn eliminated the inside switch and all has been good since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts