Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you dont get HD NET:

:eek:Try CBC-HD - Hockey Night In Canada - first intermission - "Coaches Corner". Theres a rather loud , long winded gentleman whose attire may do just the trick!(as discussed on CBC hockey thread).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any channels that offer the SMPTE colour bars to calibrate the tv with?

·
Super Moderator
56,559 Posts
Yeah, I checked PBS Seattle where they used to do "Engineering Test" about every two weeks or so in the early morning, but I didn't see it in the upcoming schedule. You could check the various PBS channels to see if you find something in the upcoming month.

I recorded it a while back (perhaps a year or more) and still have it on my PVR.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
There were DVD and BD TV calibration discs available a few years ago. Don't know if they are still available. I still have a couple of DVD versions from about 15 years ago. Haven't used them lately because most of the newer TVs are quite close out of the box or have easily set calibrated adjustments.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I would look for someone with a C/Ku satellite dish and see if they will make a recording for you. Plenty of test Patterns available from all of the major networks' fronthaul feeds (network studio to affiliate)... CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, so on... all at various times any given day.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts