Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Questions for viewers

1. Given the CBC's past launches I'm assuming they are up in full 1080i with DD5.1 audio?
  2. Are they running any test cards or on screen text on either of the 2 new DTV stations?
  3. If you can give a signal strength don't forget to give your location too.
Happy day for Alberta CBC and hockey fans! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lots of testing going on in Ed on 5.1 .......on, off then 16/9 then a minute ago it is in 4/3 letterbox. Now I just wish that 13.1 Global would go to full power as I have only picked it up once for a few minutes 2 weeks ago when Chicago Code was playing (too lazy to make the 2 by 4 antenna, using cheap RCA right now).

Signal strength is showing 83% (at my current antenna position) on my Panasonic G-15 (in the bsmt of a West End Home), City on is about the same strength but is sometimes in the 90's.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
CBRT-DT Calgary intermittent / West Hillhurst

Was able to lock and watch CBRT-DT closer to 11 a.m. but the station now appears to be off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Assuming they're testing things today, they've probably just gone to lunch and didn't want to leave things running unattended just yet. If so, it'll likely come back up some time after 1pm. It's pure speculation on my part, of course!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is good news indeedy! My in-laws in Morinville will be happy... looks like they should be able to receive the channel judging by TVFOOL.

I'll have to do a channel scan when I get home (Calgary).

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Official launch is tomorrow so probably last minute checks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
  1. given the cbc's past launches i'm assuming they are up in full 1080i with dd5.1 audio? yes
  2. are they running any test cards or on screen text on either of the 2 new dtv stations?don't think so... just regular programming
happy day for alberta cbc and hockey fans! :)yes

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.