Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a broadcasting decision issued today, the CRTC has approved an application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) that would allow the public broadcaster to offer a high definition version of Bold Television.

CBC Bold broadcasts "cutting edge" arts programming during the week and sporting events during the weekend. The station was formerly known as Country Canada and was relaunched as Bold in March of the this year.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Great news! They've been carrying a lot of Champions League soccer games live, while they show up on tape delay on CBC.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Good news.

Wonder how that will work with Rogers. I have the digital package to get the basic HD channels, plus more $$ for the additional HD channels, will they want more HD money from me. That would be pretty bold of them.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Good question. We've got a la carte pricing for this channel now - it would be shame if the HD version was only available in a package.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Look at all the excitement. Gee whiz it was only approved today. Doubt that it will be a high priority for the CBC but who knows what lurks in the mind of the mother corp.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Well let's see how they do compared to CTV. Their stations such as Space, Bravo, and MuchMusic have had licences to broadcast in HD for well over a year now, and no sign of anything.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Well let's see how they do compared to CTV. Their stations such as Space, Bravo, and MuchMusic have had licences to broadcast in HD for well over a year now, and no sign of anything.
Or Canwest with History, Slice, HGTV & Food.

·
Registered
517 Posts
even with the name change i still do not know what the purpose of this channel is. is it supposed to be somthing like a CBC2 channel?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
even with the name change i still do not know what the purpose of this channel is. is it supposed to be somthing like a CBC2 channel?
These days, pretty much. Not sure why they just didn't simply brand it CBC 2. They could have gotten a lot of mileage by branding the main network CBC 1 at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts