Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Simu Liu, Marvel Studios star of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, is returning to his hometown to take on a new role: host of The 2022 JUNO Awards Broadcast, on Sunday, May 15 to be broadcast and streamed live across Canada at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on CBC TV, CBC Gem, CBC Radio One, CBC Music, CBC Listen, and globally at CBCMusic.ca/junos and CBC Music’s Facebook,YouTube and Twitter pages. (CBC Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television announced the return of the 2022 Canadian Screen Awards show, which will be an hour-long pre-taped studio production broadcast on CBC and CBC Gem on Sunday, April 10 at 8:00 PM (9:00 PM AT / 9:30 PM NT). The nominees for the 2022 Canadian Screen Awards will be announced on Tuesday, February 15 at 7:00 AM ET. See the press release for the virtual events taking place during Canadian Screen Week from Monday, April 4, 2022 to Sunday, April 10, 2022.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi I hope this isn't offtopic but I just saw an ad for the new CBC show the Porter on CTV. That's weird right? Do you think CBC put it on all of CTV or maybe they paid Shaw Direct to do it? FYI we're watching Transplant that's where we saw it right about the half hour so if you watch Transplant tonight let me know if you see the ad too.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I just saw an ad for the new CBC show the Porter on CTV. That's weird right? Do you think CBC put it on all of CTV or maybe they paid Shaw Direct to do it?
I can confirm I could see the ad on Bell MTS Fibe TV (CTV Winnipeg). CBC must have purchased an national ad on CTV. The ad even had the CBC logo in the bottom right corner, which seemed a little strange. Shaw Direct and other TV providers are allowed to retransmit OTA stations royalty-free under the Canadian Copyright Act, but they aren't allowed to change anything, including ads.

----

ITV Studios announced a multi-year Coronation Street deal with the CBC, along with a number of shows that I posted in the CBC Gem thread.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
All Creatures Great and Small will continue on Sundays at 7 PM with the Season 2 premiere March 13.

Sherlock Season 1 (2010) with Benedict Cumberbatch will premiere on CBC TV today, Sunday, February 27 at 8 PM. All 4 seasons are available on CBC Gem for those people that are able to stream it.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
All Creatures Great and Small will continue on Sundays at 7 PM with the Season 2 premiere March 13.

Sherlock Season 1 (2010) with Benedict Cumberbatch will premiere on CBC TV today, Sunday, February 27 at 8 PM. All 4 seasons are available on CBC Gem for those people that are able to stream it.
Strange series. Just a handful couple of extended eps. a season but it is a good series with a young Benedict as the hero. I'm amazed that the CBC would insert this into their schedule. Is it just season 1 we are getting?

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I don't know if CBC will schedule future seasons. I just happened to see it on the TV guide. UK series tend to have much fewer episodes than U.S. series.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
CBC today announced the renewal of new original series RUN THE BURBS, SON OF A CRITCH and STRAYS for their second seasons on CBC and CBC Gem for the 2022-23 broadcast year.

----

I just saw an ad for the new CBC show the Porter on CTV.
I saw another ad on CTV last night for CBC shows including TallBoyz, Run the Burbs, Son of a Critch and Working Moms, so it sounds like this is a regular thing.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
EVIL BY DESIGN: SURVIVING NYGARD - The story of fashion mogul and accused sexual predator Peter Nygard is a three-part documentary series, debuting on CBC and CBC Gem, Thursday March 17 at 9 pm. (CBC Docs)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't know if CBC will schedule future seasons. I just happened to see it on the TV guide. UK series tend to have much fewer episodes than U.S. series.
FYI I just saw an ad for Sherlock on CBC and they had a scene from the best episode ever and its from season 2 so at least they will do 2 seasons. There are 3 eps in a season.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Did anyone have a problem with the sound on the first episode of Sherlock? On my TV the dialogue was so mixed in with the ambient sound that picking out anything being said in most scenes was almost impossible (Thank Heaven for the closed captions).

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Escape to the Chateau DIY (Series Premiere) Weekdays at 1 PM local time beginning Friday, April 1 on CBC TV. Four seasons are available on CBC Gem. Escape to the Country Season 23 is currently airing in that timeslot, with Canada Reads beginning Monday, March 28.

Grand Designs Season 18 Premiere Monday, April 4 at 5:00 AM on CBC TV. Seasons 13-18 are available on CBC Gem.

Call the Midwife Season 9 Premiere Tuesday, April 5 at 4:00 PM on CBC TV. The first 9 seasons are available on CBC Gem.

The Wonder Gang Season 2 Premiere Saturday, April 2 at 8:49 AM on CBC TV.

Detention Adventure Season 2 Premiere Sunday, April 3 at 7:21 AM (3 episodes) on CBC TV. Three seasons are available on CBC Gem.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
FYI I just saw an ad for Sherlock on CBC and they had a scene from the best episode ever and its from season 2 so at least they will do 2 seasons. There are 3 eps in a season.
So far CBC has shown all of season 1 plus the special ep. The Abominable Bride which unless I'm wrong was originally sandwiched between season 3 & 4! Next Sunday there's no episode so I don't know if that is it for Sherlock or if CBC is just taking a break from the series for a week or so. Anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
...so I don't know if that is it for Sherlock or if CBC is just taking a break from the series for a week or so. Anyone know?
They might just be taking a break. Next Sunday is The Oscars and the following is The Grammys. CBC will air movies: Knives Out (2019) and Bridget Jones Diary (2001).

BBC First will begin airing Sherlock season 4 tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
CBC TV coverage of the ISU WORLD FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022 on ROAD TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES begins on Saturday, March 26 at 2 pm ET. The action continues on Sunday, March 27 at 2 p.m. with the Free Dance program, and picks up again on Saturday, April 2 at 4 p.m. ET with the World Figure Skating Championships Gala. Live streams of every event leading up to the TV broadcasts are available on the free CBC Gem streaming service, cbcsports.ca/figureskating and the CBC Sports app for iOS and Android devices. (CBC Press Release)

----

Arcade Fire to perform at The 51st Annual JUNO Awards Broadcast, live on CBC

----

CBC announced that production on Season 17 of DRAGONS’ DEN will begin later this spring at CBC in Toronto and that Robert Herjavec will return after a decade away from The Den.

----

CBC announced that the inaugural edition of The Black Academy’s live 90-minute award show, The Legacy Awards, will air on CBC and CBC Gem on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 8 p.m. (9 p.m. AT/9:30 p.m. NT).

41 - 60 of 68 Posts