Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on a 2200-km road trip, picking up a rental car in Montreal, and I need my satellite radio or I'll go crazy. I have reservations for a "full-size class" car with Hertz, Budget, and AVIS (all downtown Montreal), but no company would guarantee satellite radio in the car!

So I need to play the numbers. In your experience, does one company offer satellite radio in more of its full-size fleet than another? If I get a reply by tomorrow, I'll know which two reservations to cancel.

Thanks,

Charles

·
Registered
598 Posts
Even if the car comes with XM/Sirius, there's no guarantee the car rental company will pay to keep service activated. More likely than not they won't.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The Ford Mustang convertable my wife and I rented through Hertz when we did our 10th wedding anniversary trip last fall to Napa and Sonoma, CA had fully working SiriusXM.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I rent with Avis almost weekly, and as an AvisFirst member, I get automatic upgrades. I've been finding that satellite is being dropped from their fleet more often than in past years. Sometimes even when the car is equipped, the subscription has lapsed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts