Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Having replaced caps in about 30 PVR's I have not yet had to replace a replaced cap, so in my opinion, not cost effective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply Allen, which brand do you prefer? Penguin prefers Panasonic, just wondering what other people use

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
KR,
Sure, many things can go wrong.
But how do you know they are all good? Did you remove them all and test them?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@KR They may also look physically okay but have failed internally. It is also wise to replace them since we already all know to well that they are failing far too often in these units. How did you check them ? Visually or with a multimeter with them desoldered ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a list and/or photo of capacitors that fail on a bell 9400 receiver
mine was working fine and came home to find no signal on my tv, tryed all hdmi inputs and rgb connections got same results

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
when I post pictures here, what I do is first upload it to

https://imgbb.com/

Then on imgbb.com, I set embed codes to "BBCode Full Linked"
and just paste the link in my post. Sometimes, imgbb.com will sneak some other ad links in to ur link, so just remove that before posting.
It's probably not the "officially supported" method here, but is much easier than dealing with the personal photo albums here, etc.
and works fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
56,687 Posts
I've been blocked from reposting the photo of the location of all the failing 9241 capacitors, but I don't know why.
Here's the help post on how to post pictures.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/52...how-create-photo-album-use-digital-forum.html

It may be that you were blocked from uploading to Digital Home due to the number of posts you have, but you can certainly use links to photo sharing websites, as discussed in the link above.

If you're talking about the link in post 5 of this thread, it appears to be no longer available at that site and has nothing to do with Digital Home. Certain links (tinyURLs) may not be allowed by Digital Home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I still have the photo of the location of failing capacitors in the 9241 that I previously posted, but this is the error message I get when I try to repost it from IMGUR:

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access digitalhome.ca

Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The location of capacitors known to fail in the 9241.

C152 - 820uf 6.3V (blue)
C164 - 820uf 6.3V (blue)
C272 - 820uf 6.3V (blue)
C273 - 820uf 6.3V (blue)

C944 - 2200uf 10V (yellow)

C929 - 1200uf 6.3V (red)
C355 - 1200uf 6.3V (red)
C288 - 1200uf 6.3V (red)
C309 - 1200uf 6.3V (red)

C24 - 100uf 10v (orange) - lift off metal cover
C39 - 100uf 10v (orange) - lift off metal cover
C162 - 100uf 10v (orange)