Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but can't find much on 3d on this forum... i have a problem and was hoping someone here can help.

Here is my setup:
Panansonic VT25 3D Plasma
PS3 (version 3.5 firmware)
Connected with HDMI

When i put in the Christmas Carol 3d blu ray it comes up "Cannot play content becuase your Display/device cannot play 3d"

Ok so maybe its the PS3 not recognizing the blu ray because i have read that some players don't play other companies 3d blu rays..

So then i downloaded the demo of Motorstorm 3d rift, when i start the game the "play in 3d" option is not hightlighted, so it won't play that either..

I have checked the setup of my tv and the 3d is in auto..

Can anyone shed some light on this?? :confused:
What am i missing??

thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
The best I can suggest is to go through your PS3 display configuration settings again so it can confirm an HDMI 1.4 connection between the console and the VT25. This might be required following the last firmware update on the PS3.

We haven't tested a 3D BluRay movie on our PS3 with our 65" VT25 but we have had success with 3D game demos.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Civuck, you were right it was a setting with the PS3, i need to run the automatic detection for display settings, then it finds the 3D display..

Loving the 3D , I agree with other posts that maybe its time to add a 3d Forum to the HDTV forum..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts