Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting about the loyalty renewal offer a while back that generated more feedback than I ever expected (thanks for all the posts, they were interesting to read and see everyone's opinion), I have decided to cancel my subscription with XM Canada. Most of it stems from the fact that the radio I use in my car has so many dropouts in my town it is practically unbearable to listen to. I have actually turned the radio off and turned on regular FM radio at times because of this annoyance.
I called XM Customer care and asked to cancel my subscription. There were no retention offers, and when asked why I wanted to cancel, I mentioned the reception reasons. The rep offered to cancel my subscription and sign me wup to XM Radio online without an XM sub for $3.99 a month for a year. My answer to that was that I listen primarily in the car, and an online sub would be of very little benefit to me.

He lowered the price to $2.99 a month, and I thanked him but told him no thanks, please cancel my sub. Since I am on the quarterly billing plan, I am paid up until the end of March, so I have to bear with my sub until then. I found a wicked deal on the vehicle/portable Stiletto 2 kit (I know it's an old model) for $99.97+tax, so I bought it with the hopes of reactivating Sirius and using it primarily in my vehicle and using the Wi-Fi capability (while online listening is still free) to listen at home with the dock I purchased of it for only $10. Sirius reception around here is alot better, and I am thinking about the one year subscription, but am still giving it some thought.

I really do enjoy satellite radio, especially the news channels and select music channels like Octane, The Pulse, Hits One, etc, and am really turned off of traditional FM radio, as we only have 2 commercial offerings in our area, and the CBC. I may reactivate my old account with Sirius and see if they will waive the activation fee for a returning customer, and may just keep up with the monthly billing option, as that gives me better flexibility if I choose to cancel my sub again. Time will tell I guess! I just want my reception!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Where did you find a Stiletto 2 for $99?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an employee at Staples, and we were clearing out Sirius merchandise, as Sirius pulled their product from Staples. We had them regular price $299.98 on clearance for $129.97, and as a staff member, the GM offered it to me for $99.97 plus taxes. I took her up on the offer. It'd be tough to find, as we were requested to send most of our Sirius product back to vendor shortly after, but that's where I ended up getting it at.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I canceled my Xm Canada subscription and gave notice that I would not renew with XM Canada. To my surprise I had a 73.84 charge on my credit card for a cancellation penalty?? I called them and they removed the penalty and said it was a mistake.How could a company charge me a penalty for not renewing? I did not cancel early.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It's a no-lose situation for them. Charge that randomly (or maybe all the time) and there's bound to be a certain percentage of customers that don't call in to get it reversed. Easy money for a company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts