Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in getting Shaw high speed lite for my apartment. I'm only staying in this city (Winnipeg) until June 1 2011 for sure. (10 months)

Shaw has a promotion for first month free, then next 6 months $20/month, then $33/month thereafter. Could I sign up, pay $219+tax for 10 months of services ($0, $20x6, $33x3) and then cancel? Is there a cancellation fee like you get with cell phones? I don't think there's a contract but I don't want them to say oh you only paid full price for 3 months out of 10, we're gonna recoup some losses here. I'm not trying to work the system, I just need it for only 10 months.

I read the Terms and Conditions on http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Internet/High-Speed+Lite/ and it just says I can't have signed up within the last 60 days (I haven't).

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
It's not a contract so I see no reason why not. As you note, probably best to cancel after the 8th month because they usually require a 30 day cancellation period.

Frankly, I would just call them and say what happens if I cancel after month seven? Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, if you have only internet with us and are able to return the equipment(modem) to one of our retail locations, we'd be able to cancel your subscription with only 10 days notice. So give us a call, give us notice, then bring in your modem on your cancellation date.

No fee's or extra charges.

@Shaw_Sean
Shaw Employee - Customer Care, Social Media

1 - 4 of 4 Posts