Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Yesterday in boxing day sale, i entered a 3 year contract with rogers for Samsung galaxy s captivate phone for $0 and 125$ gift card in Bestbuy. No activation fee also. But finally i got a monthly charge of $75 and i think i am in a wrong contract. How can i cancel this contract with minimum penalty. I am ready to pay the giftcard but what other penalties will be there for me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They will adjust plans but not cancel contracts unless you want to buy it out. You must have a data/voice plan - you can modify either but your 3 years will stand

I'm with Rogers and pay about that much -- 6gigs data - 450 prime - unlimited incoming - weekends and evenings (9pm) unlimited and 1000 minutes canadian long distance -

Anytime you can scoop unlimited incoming -- do it -- I have never busted my prime time minutes in over 3 years -

I also don't do contracts and that's the rub with Rogers but I did do a commitment for the 6gig at $30 per -

I still think we are being ripped off in Canada - charging long distance is a cash cow that the carriers are milking and it's all profit -

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Best Buy would gave you a document to sign which would explain exactly what you signed up for. Check your bill, if it doesn't match then Best Buy has made a mistake. If you are being billed for what you signed up for then its a contract and you must abide by it.

Under the agreement, you would have to pay an Early Cancellation Fee which would likely be $200 per year or $600.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts