Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody cares.

The number is 1-866-IDOLS-XX where XX is 01, 02, 03, etc for each contestant.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I've already tried it several times. If you have Bell Canada it doesnt work. Vonage Canada also lets you call Dish Network and other U.S. 800 numbers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
1-800 numbers although available are not free with Vonage as they are with Bell. They count against your plan minutes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My 1-800 calls with Vonage show up under Free Minutes Used and are not counted towards my plan.

From Vonage's web site:

Free Toll Free Minutes: These are the minutes used when calling a toll free number such as 800, 866, 877, 888, etc.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Andrew said:
1-800 numbers although available are not free with Vonage as they are with Bell. They count against your plan minutes.
That is not true. 1-800 numbers are free through Vonage and do not count towards your 500 monthly minutes.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Andrew said:
That is NOT correct. I am on the 500 minute Vonage plan. I sometimes spend many hours on conference calls if I work from home. I just call the toll-free number of the conference call and it does NOT count towards my minutes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
[QUOTE:That is NOT correct.)
Well, on my bill only 1-800 calls to Vonage were listed as free calls. All others counted towards my 500 limit which thankfully did not go over 500. I called Vonage to ask them about it and they told me that only calls to Vonage or other Vonage customers were free. All other calls whether local, long distance, or 1-800, counted towards air time on my plan as Vonage does not make any distinction between them.
If you are saying this is incorrect, and several of you are, then my bill was wrong and the Vonage rep was also wrong.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just called a 1-800 number and talked for 2 minutes. It shows up in my Activity Log as FREE.

If you are being charged for any 1-800 call, there is something wrong with your account. Nobody else I know who has Vonage has their account behaving this way. I've been with them since February 2004 and not once have I been charged for a 1-800 call. I check my logs frequently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts