Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not getting any HD from CIND. RDS coming up instead. Maybe still in testing mode? I know they applied for HD status recently. Thinking they might put their sister CKMB or CFJB on HD2/3, if they choose to use it... Expand their coverage in the GTA from Barrie...

·
Registered
37 Posts
On another note, CBLA, CBC Radio 1 is now in HD. Not sure what the purpose of this would be, doesn't really benefit from HD sound, as most of their programming is talk. No subchannels at this time. More beneficial if Radio 2 or CBC Music was in HD...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the information hiohio, and keep it coming. I currently have a Sangean HDT-20 in my system connected to an external DAC and it sounds surprisingly good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CBLA's HD signal was only testing that night. They haven't gone HD since. I've queried to CBC on whether they are investing on HD services for CBLA. On a side note, WTSS Buffalo is carrying Channel Q on their HD3. More HD listening options for those in the GTA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CKFM has a new HD4 channel that just popped up, seems like it's unique music programming from their iHeartRadio stream called Canadian Rock. Bell is learning from it's American counterpart to utilize their iHeartRadio platform to bring digitally based stations to their HD subchannels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CKFM just changed their HD4 feed to iHeart the Holidays. All Christmas music, all commercial free. Their slogan indicate that they are on HD channels in "select markets". Can anyone confirm if it is in any other Bell Media's HD Radio markets? Ie, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, Victoria or Kitchener?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I can confirm that so far in Ottawa, CJMJ-HD does *not* have an HD4 with Christmas music. Current programming is Majic 100 on HD1, 580 CFRA on HD2, and TSN1200 on HD3.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's unlikely that they'll put HD4 Christmas on in Vancouver or Ottawa, where their analog FMs will be going all-Christmas later this month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gta hd radio update

As of now, 88.9 hd3 is now playing Tamil programing branded as redfm tamil. 88.1 hd2 is now testing a weird mix of 3 songs. A pop song, a rock song and a country song. Any guesses what the fulltime format will be in the new year? 99.9 hd4 is still playing the iheart the holidays format. Any guesses on what they will replace it with in the new year? Or is it going to be an all year format?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Anywhere Bellmedia has a country station. London for example BX93 is now Pure Country. Bellmedia's website or a google search will tell you them all.
Actually, look for the opposite. They'll put it on HD where they DON'T have it on FM. Toronto and Victoria are already on the air, Vancouver's likely next.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts