Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently an MTS TV subsciber in winnipeg that's considering switching to shaw.

I went to their website and checked out thier package options. I was wondering If they would let me subscribe to the HD basic channels (which they say are free when purchusing an HD reciever) and ONLY HD plus. I'm not interested in any of the chanlnes in "Digital TV"

From what I can tell I think you can but I thought I ask since products these days often have "catches" up their sleeve,

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
HD Basic channels are included 'free' with 'Basic' cable. You can look at it like this, if you wish: You will pay for the HD Basic channels and you will get the 'Basic Cable' channels for free. HD Plus is in addition to 'Basic' cable and is extra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jetranger. And Yes I do realise I would have to pay extra ($16.00) for HD plus. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to get "Digital TV" package in order to subscibe to HD plus. The shaw webiste wasn't too clear and seems skewed to try to get you to subcribe to other packages/combinations.

All i want is:

Digital basic + HD BASIC INCLUDED: $36.95

HD plus : $16.00

+ 2 pick and pay specialty chanells: $3.95

So that would total me $55.90 if I'm calculating and understand the packages correctly.

And since the condo I'm moving into includes free basic shaw cable, It will only run me $19.95!. I'm currently paying about $56.00 with MTS without HD programming.

I think I will make the double switch, HD and Shaw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.