Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just joined up. It looks like this is the correct area to post this question. I just moved to a new area. The landlord has Bell Expressvu with a few receivers. I have one of the receivers. The model is a 3100 receiver ( although I suspect the model type is irrelevant ). What I want is to be able to record several different things at the same time. I have my new receiver plugged into my vcr...I can record whatever the receiver is broadcasting through. If I hook it up to either one of my two hdd recorders, it will also do the same...BUT...what I want to do is record two different things at the same time...or record one thing and at the same time watch something else. I can't split the signal from the main cable which transmits the original satellite signal...it seems to screw things up. I can however, get a signal out from the back of the receiver ( the main cable transmitting the satellite signal is running into the main input of the receiver ). I want to run the output signal into a second receiver, then set the second receiver to a different channel than the first receiver. That second receiver would be run into a hdd recorder to record a different channel than the first receiver. Is this possible? With my vcr and two hdd recorders, they will record channels from 02 up to 129…so as Expressvu has lots of channels higher than 129, I would miss a lot. As an FYI, I was with Rogers up until a few days ago at my old place…I could easily split the main signal…no problems and everything worked fine. I know I can do what I want to do by buying a PVR from Bell…but I don’t want to do this…I want to use the equipment which I already have. Can I use a second receiver to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
No it can't be done.

The 3100 has one tuner therefore you can only receive one channel at a time. One tuner equals one channel.

To tune to two channels, you will need a dual tuner PVR or two single tuner receivers.

The wiring for such a setup is well documented in the sticky threads in our Installation forum.

Please post any additional questions in the appropriate sticky thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.