Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that Shaw Direct are offering a promotion for long-term customers in good standing to rent the new HD 630 PVR for $15/month.

I also read in another thread that SD offered a customer - among other things - a free 630 rental for one year (valued at 12x$15 = $180) with a $199 buyout option.

Is it possible that SD might offer this buyout option to 630 renters after 12 months? $379 (+ tax) to own the new 630 over a 12 nonth period seems to be a pretty good deal...slightly better than the $399 up-front purchase price currently being offered.

ALSO - is there any time commitment for the 630 rental (i.e. 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, etc.)? Or can I just rent it for one month and return it? If that's the case, what will SD do with all these rental returns? Continue to just rent these units (and just use them as rental units), or will they in fact offer them for sale as previously used units (hence the likely reason for the $199 buyout offer made to the customer mentioned above?)

Thoughts?

(I also just read about a $99 replacement for the 530...what's this all about?)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There is a minimum 3 month rental. The answer to buying out after 12 months is "maybe." The official answer from a CSR will be no, but customer relations has been offering several deals to current customers.
I would advise against renting a 630 then asking to buy it out. It's possible, but no guarantee.

One of the customer relations deals is $99 for a 630 on the condition that a 530 is returned within 2 weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts