Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a small handful of (blu-ray) movies which came with digital copies, all of which I've transferred (the .wmv version) to my laptop. I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow transfer the movie to another PC. I guess the real question is if it's possible to transfer the DRM license to another machine?

Similarly, if I ever need to reinstall or otherwise restore the OS of my laptop back to its original factory state, everything I've read suggests that I've forever lost the ability to watch the digital copy, since the activation code only works once.

Seems like a feature that's too locked-down for it's own good if the above is true.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
It's one of the reasons why i think it's a waste. On the other hand plenty of BDs also come with DVDs which I'm sure folks use more often for other (including portable) devices.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I can watch the same Digital Movies on Apple TV, my laptop and my desktop computer.

You just need to authorize the computer in iTunes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hugh is right on this one since you have the right to ad 5 PCs to your itunes account you can have the same movie on 5 different computers . I have 3 laptop`s and all 3 have the same movies from digital copies .

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
off topic posts removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts